GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost?

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #11  
I had my GC2410 for 11 years now and I have been using it to its full potential with box blades, posthole diggers, backhoe, and 60 inch rear snowblower and of cource loader and loader forks.

I only have 300 hours but I have moved 30 plus, 18 yard truckloads of sand, loam, gravel, silt and moondust just to start with-I dug out a 17,500 gallon inground pool, and berried it. I dug 4 foot deep trenches a half mile long, dug my well out and ran new well and electrical lines. Removed 20 foot tree trunks, dug out 5 tree stumps and many more things I cant remember off the top of my head.

Had the main drive shaft replaced due to excessive vibration (warranty).

So far the only think other than maintenance that has been done to it is the front axle pivot seals, replaced 4 grease zerks, one hydraulic line, and oil pan gasket(also under warranty). Thats it...I will need to replace the loader blade as its getting very warn down on the outer edges now.

Even the battery is original(11 years old).

Last edited:
   / GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #12  
I've got like 230 hrs on mine, haven't had one problem yet.

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #13  
2020 1723tlb with just under 80 hours (iirc) on it going in for the service bulletin to replace 3pt lift relief valve. covered under warranty.
other than normal mtx like checking brakes only issue was one tractor side back hoe hose got damaged due to bush hog lifting interfered and wasn't noticed.

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #14  
2020 1723tlb with just under 80 hours (iirc) on it going in for the service bulletin to replace 3pt lift relief valve. covered under warranty.
other than normal mtx like checking brakes only issue was one tractor side back hoe hose got damaged due to bush hog lifting interfered and wasn't noticed.
Can you give more information about the issue with the relief valve?

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #15  
Can you give more information about the issue with the relief valve?
don't have specifics but if when warm you hear a squeal as if lift was engaged when its not then there's an issue.
if I get chance this week I'll call dealer to get specifics.

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #16  
I’ve had my 1725M for just over a year, just hit 110 hrs. Overall I’m happy, have got a ton done with it. Only issue has been some leak down on the loader cylinders, especially the bucket tilt circuit. With a full load of dirt the bucket cylinders will leak down several mm over a few minutes resulting in me having to tilt the bucket back when carrying a full load across the yard. With an empty load the same leak down seems to take hours. I brought it to the dealer but the claim it’s within spec… but I have my doubts. Issue is almost certainly the main control valve as the loader cylinders will not move if disconnected from the tractor. I still have another year of warranty on the tractor itself, so we’ll see.

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #17  
I would like to see any evidence that MF parts, are more expensive than others.

There have been plenty of threads over the years where orange owners cry about part prices, as well as others.

There may be more aftermarket options as far as filters for the orange tractors, because their market share is larger.

But, as far as the cost of OEM parts go, it's been an unpleasant experience no matter who I have had to buy them from.

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #18  
So if my 3pt is losing height (lowering) while driving around, is that indicative of the service bulletin issue ? It will drop 2-3 inches some times several times in 3-4 hours. I do have about 500# of counterweight on it. When the tractor is stored, I block the weights up so that the weight is not held by the hydraulics.

/ GC1723eb / 1725mb reliability and parts cost? #19  
So if my 3pt is losing height (lowering) while driving around, is that indicative of the service bulletin issue ? It will drop 2-3 inches some times several times in 3-4 hours. I do have about 500# of counterweight on it. When the tractor is stored, I block the weights up so that the weight is not held by the hydraulics.
not that I know of, symptoms on this unit were noise as if handle left in lift position.
losing some lift with that weight on it not, in my opinion, unusual.
my woods tiller is 535lbs (this includes weight of pats hitches) and will cause a drop after some time when using for other work. I don't store unit with 3pt lifted.

Last edited: