Traction GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Can anyone recommend tire chains(snow) for the GC tractor turf tires? Looking for something that will cause as little damage as possible to my driveway.

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage #2  
I have 2 link ladder chains on mine, with turf tires. Some scratching occurs, but that’s it.

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage #3  
This style of chain will work and ride the best,
they will not do excessive damage to a driveway unless you really spin them a lot.
The increase in traction is some much that you should be able to do your work without spinning.
Tire Chains-Studded-Tractor
There is no comparison to these chains with any type of ladder or duo type chain.

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage #4  
I have the same chains as noted above. I've only used them once, after one of our "famous" NE ice storms. They were amazing, what a difference. I did also see some small scratches on my paved driveway, but nothing severe. (I also have turf tires.)

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage #5  
And correction, I have R4s, not turfs.

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage
Got me a set for the rear tires, dealership would not sell set for front and said they do not recomend chains for the front. I will see how it goes, if I have to I will downsize the snowblower.

/ GC series Tire Chains-low asphalt damage #8  
Got me a set for the rear tires, dealership would not sell set for front and said they do not recomend chains for the front. I will see how it goes, if I have to I will downsize the snowblower.

Sounds like you have a good dealer interested in protecting your investment vs making a quick buck. That is sound advise he gave you.