GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add?

/ GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add? #1  

plowhog

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1710 / 1758, Ventrac 4500Y / TD9
I'm gearing up for spring and summer, so I will need some help. Currently I am looking at purchasing the following for my GC1710:

Woods RC3.5 rotary mower
Woods GBC48 Box scraper
Woods LRS52 landscape rake
Worksaver post hole digger w/9" auger

I believe I have a justifiable use for each of these. I did consider a mid-mount mower but I believe the rotary mower is a versatile enough piece of equipment that I should start with that. I'm considering all new equipment as used equipment in my area is hard to find, and I don't have a lot of time to chase that down.

Any comments or suggestions about other choices to consider?

/ GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add? #2  
My 1st add on when I got my gc1715 was a 3 point sprayer. What a change something like this made for my lawncare and herbicide efforts. I got a 40 gallon with boom and hand sprayer. I used it every growing month from time of purchase.

/ GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add? #3  
I have a 1.5 ton dual axle dump trailer....but this all depends what you want to accomplish.
A rotary cutter will not produce a very clean and nice cut if that's for lawncare...a MMM would be much better,they really give a great finish !

/ GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add? #4  
I know a backhoe is way more expensive then a post whole digger, that being said unless your in the fence making business buy a post whole digger. The backhoe can dig wholes for posts and do a lot lo more.

/ GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add? #5  
I'll second the comment on the rotary cutter. If you're looking to mow a lawn, look for a rear finish mower, not a rotary cutter. If you are looking to take down overgrown fields and small brush, then the rotary cutter is fine.

/ GC 1710- what implements and attachments to add? #6  
Rear finish mowers are fine if you have a flat lawn . . And some like the ease of on snd off. But a quality mmm gives you some great advantages with slopes or knolls or high and low points or areas of curves and gardens. A good mmm offers more support and response points for land movement or uneven surfaces. And a good mmm gives better ballast and cog advantages when desired.