Gate opener

/ Gate opener #11  
haven't found a use for one of these, but the problem I've seen with these is keeping the track clean unless you live in town.

/ Gate opener #12  
haven't found a use for one of these, but the problem I've seen with these is keeping the track clean unless you live in town.

That's why I'm thinking of the overhead track that a barn door hangs from. It would be about 4 feet off the ground, with the open side facing down. No track on the ground at all.

Bruce

/ Gate opener #13  
What about a gate the swings upward? It could pivot at the bottom and rotate 90 to a vertical position. The mechanics of it might be easier and less moving parts than some other designs. I've seen gates that operate in this manner but have not seen how the linkage works up close.

_wsb_366x335_Gate10$281$29.jpg

/ Gate opener #14  
What about a gate the swings upward? It could pivot at the bottom and rotate 90 to a vertical position. The mechanics of it might be easier and less moving parts than some other designs. I've seen gates that operate in this manner but have not seen how the linkage works up close.

View attachment 280814

A cheap winch could be used to tip up that type of gate.

Harvey

/ Gate opener #15  
Like said, nothing much.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 289
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 269
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 204
  • 66.JPG
    66.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 301
   / Gate opener #17  
but the problem I've seen with these is keeping the track clean unless you live in town.

Neighbor across the street has a asphalt driveway and uses a piece of steel angle laid out in an upside down 'V' with track wheels to fit.

Has no problem keeping it clean.