gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's)

/ gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's) #1  

gmason

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC35D4
gary\'s pole barn project(not Spencer\'s)

Well, thanks to this economy, I'm free to start my pole barn project now. I've been playing with the dirt for about 2years now in between the wet times. You can see some of my piles in these pictures. My plan is to build a 20x30x11' main barn then on the two 30' sides add 16' shed roofs so the total dimensions would be 52x30.

Then on the main 20x30 I'm going to put a 6' short wall on the 30' sides then have a nice 2nd story loft/plus room. A few windows on the 6' walls and a few skylights.

The waterstove will go into one of the 16x10 stalls after I turn it 90 degrees to the right.

We had about 1" of rain today, so my holes are all filled with water and I've still got a few to dig out to the 5'.

Here's a few of the first pics, thanks to Spencer and Henro for starting all this /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

gary

Attachments

• 340601-first holes1.JPG
    340601-first holes1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 962
   / gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's)
Re: gary\'s pole barn project(not Spencer\'s)

pic #2

Attachments

• 340603-site1.JPG
    340603-site1.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 697

pic #3

Attachments

• 340605-site2.JPG
    340605-site2.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 681

pic#4

Attachments

• 340606-site3.JPG
    340606-site3.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 714

last one for today

Attachments

• 340607-site_driveway.JPG
    340607-site_driveway.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 804
   / gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's) #6  

Nice looking area for a barn! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

O.K. now! You've set the standard for posting 5 pictures each day, so we expect that many from this day forward until you're finished!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's) #7  

Look forward to watching your progress...

...and hope you surpass Golfgar4`s expectations! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have fun!

/ gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's) #8  

Looking at the woods beside/behind the barn, I'd say you won't lack for poles. It needs thinning. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's) #9  

Hey Gary,
what kind of boxblade is that in your picture? Looks like the one (Massey, made by someone else)I bought that the A-frame folded up on me by using it with the scarifiers all the way down and hitting some rocks. Of coarse I was on a 41 Hp tractor, in 4-wheel drive that outweighs yours by probably close to 1000 lbs. But your tractor could fold up yours too if your not careful. Nice boxblade mostly, but may I suggest that you fortify the construction of the A-frame before its too late. I finally got new A-frame components under warrenty after the second collapse. I had to pay out the first time. The dealer welded some extra support to the flat metal straps of the A-frame for twenty bucks. Had the sales rep come down to look at what he did so the rep could take idea back to company with him. I really like this box and I have not yet seen what the dealer has done to it , but I think I will be set. I will probably go pick it up today or tomarrow. Maybe I can post some pics for you to see.

/ gary's pole barn project(not Spencer's) #10  

If you don't mind me asking what is that running underneath the shed?