Garden Tractor Trailer

/ Garden Tractor Trailer #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
Can anyone recommend a heavy duty trailer for a garden tractor (not a 3 point hitch). My family had a 1970 something Massey Ferguson that easily could hold 1,000 lbs. The metal was probably 1/4' thick. The trailers I see today at big box retailers are made of thin metal and not made to haul rocks, gravel or a large load of logs.

/ Garden Tractor Trailer #2  
Tooo many CHEAP quality ones out there today. Hard to pick any of them.

Bad in the day, Craftsman and other brands made GREAT HD garden trailers. Scout around for them in your area.

Else, this is the best deal one would find. It's built 'similar' to those older reliable trailers.
10 cu. ft. Trailer Cart

The other option is this one. You would then build a platform and the sides you want from the accessories

1624036615901.png

/ Garden Tractor Trailer #3  
Had similar problem ended up reinforcing a cheap one, used the front wheel spindles and tires off an old scrap John Deere 112. I also built a mini haywagon using scrap steel and wood bought the running gear off northern tool 2k capacity use it for everything including selling pumpkins roadside. Only has front axle steering so it's not the easiest to back. Good luck.

Attachments

• KIMG0222.JPG
    KIMG0222.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • KIMG0401.JPG
    KIMG0401.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
   / Garden Tractor Trailer #4  
If you want tiny like the original garden tractor trailers, you could start with HF's 40"x48" chassis. But put a solid structure on it.

My watering rig weighs 2600 lbs starting out. This has served well for a decade now on very rough ground. Nothing has broken but I once bent the flimsy tongue backing up uphill. Strengthen the flimsy tongue, and maybe make a longer tongue if you are going to extend the length of the bed beyond the chassis. Then build up from there.

p1670707rwateringlastrow-jpg.316388

/ Garden Tractor Trailer #5  
I built my own long time ago and it has served us well.

IMG_1655.JPG

The box is 5' 6" long as I recall and the same width as the tractor rear wheels.

I used a salvage yard Honda 600 shortened rear axle and wheels (It was a tiny 2 cylinder engine car from 70's).

145R-10 Tires:

145R-10 Tires.jpg

It was not the cheapest solution by far, but the best for us in the long run, and it also works very well with our ATV!

Last edited:
   / Garden Tractor Trailer
Nice! I am sure it is better than what one can buy.