Garden Theft

/ Garden Theft #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
Talkin to my cousin this afternoon and he told me someone picked all the beans from his garden. From the shoe prints he said there were at least three involved. He then told me about another buddy of his that had his beans, corn and tomatoes stolen also recently. They live about a half mile apart.
Both of their gardens are close to the highway.
Id give stuff to anyone that needed it. But I cant tolerate a thief.

/ Garden Theft #2  
My mother's closest neighbor had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Warranted or not they always blamed it on the homeless village a mile or so away. Why work when you can just take the fruit of somebody else's labors?

When I worked at the apple orchard they considered the row of trees along the road to be a loss. One day I caught a neighbor woman with her two kids in the middle of the orchard with a bushel of apples... I asked them to go to the house and pay for them and followed them out on the tractor, but when they hit the road she just laughed at me and drove home... 1/2 mile down the road.

/ Garden Theft #3  
Buddy of mine plowed, tilled, planted about an acre garden at his church. They couldn't even get anyone to come pick it for free. Next year it went back to lawn.

/ Garden Theft #4  
Gardener put up a sign: "One of these melons is filled with poison".

A few days later the sign had been modified with an addition: "Now there is more than one".

/ Garden Theft #5  
The garden robbers I've had left paw or hoof prints. Some left no prints at all - mice, chipmunk & blackbirds.

/ Garden Theft #6  
We had corn planted near a major road once, so many people would stop and raise the hood on their car and grab some corn. When we picked it we found a pile someone picked and put on the ground then left.

/ Garden Theft #7  
Had a very friendly and giving neighbor that had two nice apple trees along the road 100' from their house. One day during harvest season they came out and saw 1/2 of both trees stripped from apples nearest the road. That was part of the harvest they were going to give us.

During sweet corn time in Wisconsin a car was spotted niking a bushel of corn by the owner of the corn field. He didn't say anything but the next day or so went into a shoe store in town and tried on a nice pair of cowboy boots. With the boots on he got up and started to walk away and the owner said that would be $xx please. The man with the new boots on said, "That pretty much covers the cost of the corn you stole last night." He let him go.

/ Garden Theft #8  
I caught a guy picking the blackcaps on my place. He's was very apologetic and said he'd been coming here 20years to do it. I was nice to him as I had only built my place 2 years earlier. It got me that he pulled into my driveway to do it.

/ Garden Theft #9  
I caught a guy picking the blackcaps on my place. He's was very apologetic and said he'd been coming here 20years to do it. I was nice to him as I had only built my place 2 years earlier. It got me that he pulled into my driveway to do it.

My dogs will not allow such. :laughing:

/ Garden Theft #10  
Just a couple hours ago, a squirrel tried to steal some of my electricity. He tripped the circuit breaker at the power pole. He's dead now.:thumbsup:

cheers,
Mike