Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it?

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #11  
I've seen plenty of videos on badgers. Never seen a wild one, though.

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #12  
They've had them for a long time, out here they are called Javelina, but they are kept in check. They are aggressive but nothing a firearm can't take care of.

Years ago I attended a talk by the recently retired Arizona G&F javelina expert. He said javelina are not normally aggressive. The only time one gave him any trouble was when he tried to corral one that had been tamed. My experience with wild javelina is that they are near sighted, and sometimes will run toward someone because they don't see well. That said, there was an incident in the Phoenix area a while back in which someone was reportedly attacked by javelina which had been living near people for some time and probably fed by well-meaning folks.

FWIW

pig.jpg

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #13  
I've seen plenty of videos on badgers. Never seen a wild one, though.

Good eyes on the badger.

I didn't recognize it at all and i've seen badgers in the wild. They can be quite ferocious, but mostly want to go away from you, unlike wolverines, that seem to think you might make a nice addition to the dinner table. :)

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #14  
Correct!! :thumbsup:

It is a badger. They similar to wolverines and can be quite ferocious.

Sure it's not a Coati or a Ringtail? Unlikely I know, but quite possible.

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #15  
Badgers??!! We dont need no stinking badgers!!

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #16  
MDGC0010.jpeg

PICT0043.jpeg

PICT0210.jpeg

PICT0251.jpeg

PICT0117.jpeg

PICT0263.jpeg

/ Game Cam - Wildlife Pic - What is it? #19  
You used to be able to edit the linked titles of YouTube videos, so you could make it "We don't need no stinking Badgers!"