G3033H price check?

/ G3033H price check? #11  
Hello to all.
I own a G3033H that I bought last year. Now has 276 hrs.
In that time period, it has blown two "O" rings. In one instance I lost almost all the oil in the ground (contamination!!)
One of these O rings has failed 2 more times. The dealer simply do not have them and I had to improvise.
My 3 point cylinder speed control is inoperative because of this.
Also the flimsy safety switch under the seat broke. Still waiting for a replacement after 2 months.
The diesel fuel tank cracked 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for a replacement.
Now I have absolutely no Hydraulic power.
I need the tractor BADLY and I have been trying for the past 2 days to get the dealer to send me a technician AT ANY COST to my place, to no avail.
I don't own a trailer and I'm unable anyhow to move the tractor since the bucket is resting on the ground.
Pathetic!
If I don't get a resolution to these problems in a week, I had it with LS.
I'll keep you posted if you are interested, specially if you have not purchased one yet.

/ G3033H price check? #12  
Hello to all. I own a G3033H that I bought last year. Now has 276 hrs. In that time period, it has blown two "O" rings. In one instance I lost almost all the oil in the ground (contamination!!) One of these O rings has failed 2 more times. The dealer simply do not have them and I had to improvise. My 3 point cylinder speed control is inoperative because of this. Also the flimsy safety switch under the seat broke. Still waiting for a replacement after 2 months. The diesel fuel tank cracked 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for a replacement. Now I have absolutely no Hydraulic power. I need the tractor BADLY and I have been trying for the past 2 days to get the dealer to send me a technician AT ANY COST to my place, to no avail. I don't own a trailer and I'm unable anyhow to move the tractor since the bucket is resting on the ground. Pathetic! If I don't get a resolution to these problems in a week, I had it with LS. I'll keep you posted if you are interested, specially if you have not purchased one yet.

Where are u located?

/ G3033H price check? #13  
Hello to all. I own a G3033H that I bought last year. Now has 276 hrs. In that time period, it has blown two "O" rings. In one instance I lost almost all the oil in the ground (contamination!!) One of these O rings has failed 2 more times. The dealer simply do not have them and I had to improvise. My 3 point cylinder speed control is inoperative because of this. Also the flimsy safety switch under the seat broke. Still waiting for a replacement after 2 months. The diesel fuel tank cracked 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for a replacement. Now I have absolutely no Hydraulic power. I need the tractor BADLY and I have been trying for the past 2 days to get the dealer to send me a technician AT ANY COST to my place, to no avail. I don't own a trailer and I'm unable anyhow to move the tractor since the bucket is resting on the ground. Pathetic! If I don't get a resolution to these problems in a week, I had it with LS. I'll keep you posted if you are interested, specially if you have not purchased one yet.
Sorry for the problems but I think its your dealer more than LS. I hope it gets fixed right for you.

Last edited:
   / G3033H price check? #14  
Thank you Moongoose and Ozley for your posts.
I agree that it is a dealer problem. But naturally I am a little worried that at 276 hours I had so many different problems. One of the reasons I bought it is because of the 5 year warranty and second because of the attractive price. It looked very sturdy for a compact tractor. Maybe I'm abusing it a little too much?
As an update, I called today the dealer I was dealing with (an employee of the dealer). He told me that as of yesterday "he is no longer with the company" and offered no further help.
I found another dealer in Lakeland, Florida. I called and explained my situation. He offered some ideas to try and trouble shoot the problem before he comes first thing next week to pick up the tractor and take it to their shop.
He told me to make a list of every single problem I had before including the failing o rings, safety seat switch, cracked diesel tank, etc because they are going to fix everything and go over the whole tractor.
So I am more than pleased now. Let's see if can go back to work soon.
JC

I'll report what happens later.

/ G3033H price check? #15  
Well that is nice to hear good luck

/ G3033H price check? #16  
Hi:
To answer VEEPSTER question, I paid on 4/22/2013, $15,400.00 for the G3033H with the front loader. Plus a 4' rotary mower ($800.00) and 5' Box Blade ($565.00). Delivery fee was $175.00. The sale was tax exempt.
The grand total was $16940.00
Since the dealer was retiring and closing the business he gave me for free the Factory Shop Manual and all the supplies (Filters, oil, etc) for the first service.

I have come to learn that tractors are like boats, the bigger, the better. If I was single, I would have bought a 100 HP tractor. But the wife was scandalized about the price of these things. In fact she though that the 15K was excessive. Of course she thinks nothing about plunging 45K for a car!!! Still I love her and we have been married for 45 years!

On a follow up note about my tractor problems, the new dealer came to the farm and picked it up. Once at the shop they discovered that the Hydraulic pump is completely shot. He explained that there were several recalls on this tractor because the pump is overworked and fails. They are going to fix everything and attend to all the modifications necessary at no cost under warranty.:)
Should be ready soon!!!

/ G3033H price check? #17  
... the new dealer came to the farm and picked it up ... They are going to fix everything and attend to all the modifications necessary at no cost under warranty. Should be ready soon!
That is excellent news!

/ G3033H price check? #18  
UPDATE on G3033H repairs.
Just want to report that all the issues with my tractor were expertly dealt with by the new dealer at virtually no cost to me.
Basically there was a defect in the hydraulic system that overworked the pump to such a degree that destroyed it, with it went the power steering pump, the attachment cylinder, some valves, in sum, a catastrophe.
The hydraulic system had to be basically replaced.

/ G3033H price check? #19  
Glad you got it fixed and have a new dealer that has stepped up to the plate. He now has a new customer. The old dealer sounds like he was pretty generous by giving you the factory service manual, filters and fluids (That combo of items isn't cheap). Did you know at time of purchase he was retiring and closing his business.
I also had to find a new dealer. My selling dealer is no longer an LS dealer. I received letters from both LS and the selling dealer stating such but no explanation why he isn't a dealer anymore. LS was very helpful steering me to a new dealer and even contacted the new dealer giving them my name. I have bought filters from my new dealer but haven't had to take the tractor in for any work yet and hope I don't have to.

/ G3033H price check? #20  
That really good news to hear. Enjoy