G1900 raised mower

/ G1900 raised mower #1  

porkchop

Tractor
Kubota B6000, G1900,B2400
Sometimes I operate my G1900 with the mower in the raised
position. This makes it easier to cut very long grass. The manual advises against this but I can't see why. Anybody care to comment?

/ G1900 raised mower #2  
I've done it for 10 years with my G1800 and it hasn't seemed to hurt anything (yet).

Maury Jacobs

/ G1900 raised mower #3  
I am just guessing here, so don't hold me to this. Is the deck level when it is in the 'raised' position? I don't know how they do the leveling on that unit, but on some they are only level once they hit the stops. My Deere LT was like this. I just cranked the leveling knob all the way up, then cut. Not that it would hurt anything, it would just give an unlevel cut.

...the more I think about the G's. Maybe it is because when it is 'raised' the hydroulics are holding it up, and bouncing around cutting grass is putting strain on the system, not to mention it may gradually drop as your cutting.

Dont quote me. Just thinking outloud.

-Ben

/ G1900 raised mower #4  
This may be off the mark, but I would think that in the raised position, there would be more of a chance of debris being thrown out. Just a thought.

/ G1900 raised mower #5  
Sometimes I operate my G1900 with the mower in the raised
position. This makes it easier to cut very long grass. The manual advises against this but I can't see why. Anybody care to comment?
Could you please send me the manual? Thank. My e-mail.: turiandras1@gmail.com