Funny kid story...

/ Funny kid story... #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I hope this story that happened MANY years ago brings a laugh or two since laughter is good.
My Dad (r.i.p.) worked at Sears when I was a little kid and every day he would bring me something, even a pencil meant something.
We lived at a farm, two houses, grandparents lived next door. So as usual one summer day I'm waiting at top of hill, I see Dad driving down the long driveway and he's holding something out the window. It was an all day sucker...one of those huge spiral ones. Fantastic!!!!!
Especially to a five year old kid. I'm walking around enjoying it for a few minutes then realized I could never possibly eat something bigger than my head.
I looked down to our new lake Grandad had built in 1954, and I see some uninvited guy fishing. To this day I have no idea why I did what I did next. The guy I'm guessing was about 18 had his back to me. The lake was pretty far off but I had a plan. I slowly sneaked down quiet as a mouse until I was right behind him. He had no clue I was there. Then I* realized I had one chance to complete my plan. So I slowly raised that sucker up as high as I could, making sure it was straight and flat. Then...I* swung it down...as fast and as hard as I possibly could squarely on top of his head!
That sucker disintegrated, and the guy flopped over!
After a few minutes I realized he wasn't moving!
Then he woke up... I'm standing there holding an empty stick...he says "Oowww! What 'tha heck kid?".
I never said a word, walked back to the house, looking back I see the guy stagger back through the woods carrying tackle box and rod.
Dad thought I ate the whole thing and whoever the guy was never returned. Lollipop.jpeg

/ Funny kid story... #3  
Truly unique and funny.

/ Funny kid story... #4  
I must have been 5 or 6 yo, it was a grey old day and I must've been driving my Mum batty as she said to "Go outside and play... BUT don't play in the mud puddle!"

So I put on my wellies (rubber boots) and went outside whilst Mum proceeded to wash the kitchen floor, then wash the dishes. After a while, Mum noticed that it was quiet... too quiet!

She went to the front door and there I was, standing in the middle of the mud puddle! She yelled, "I told you not to play in the mud puddle!" I replied, " I'm not playing, I'm just standing in it." She angrily said, "Get in here RIGHT NOW." And then went back into the house to finish the dishes.

Well, I went to move only to discover that my wellies were stuck in the mud... but Mum had said to come in RIGHT NOW... so the only logical thing to do was to leave the boots there, come in through the side door and into the kitchen to let her know that I'd complied with her 'request'... right across her freshly cleaned floor.

Mum swore that she didn't realise that she was washing a carving knife at that time, but it was in her hand as I backed away towards the side door.

That's the scene when Dad came home, in through the side door. He gently took the knife from Mum's hand, told me to take my muddy socks off & go wash my feet, and made Mum a nice cuppa tea.

/ Funny kid story... #5  
That should have taught him for not paying attention. ;)

/ Funny kid story... #6  
I was about 5, lived near Fountain, Co. and my dad would kill deer to eat. i was outside playing with my stuffed horse that had wheels on it. I somehow got a rope around it's neck and got the rope over the clothes line and pulled the horse up. Somehow tied it off so it would stay hanging. Then got a knife and cut it open.

My mother came out and put a stop to the whole thing. She said it was stuffed with curly wood shavings. I don't remember the event, but my mother would remind me for years!

/ Funny kid story... #7  
I must have been 5 or 6 yo, it was a grey old day and I must've been driving my Mum batty as she said to "Go outside and play... BUT don't play in the mud puddle!"

So I put on my wellies (rubber boots) and went outside whilst Mum proceeded to wash the kitchen floor, then wash the dishes. After a while, Mum noticed that it was quiet... too quiet!

She went to the front door and there I was, standing in the middle of the mud puddle! She yelled, "I told you not to play in the mud puddle!" I replied, " I'm not playing, I'm just standing in it." She angrily said, "Get in here RIGHT NOW." And then went back into the house to finish the dishes.

Well, I went to move only to discover that my wellies were stuck in the mud... but Mum had said to come in RIGHT NOW... so the only logical thing to do was to leave the boots there, come in through the side door and into the kitchen to let her know that I'd complied with her 'request'... right across her freshly cleaned floor.

Mum swore that she didn't realise that she was washing a carving knife at that time, but it was in her hand as I backed away towards the side door.

That's the scene when Dad came home, in through the side door. He gently took the knife from Mum's hand, told me to take my muddy socks off & go wash my feet, and made Mum a nice cuppa tea.

That's hilarious! :laughing:

/ Funny kid story...
Ok...here's another funny.
We got our first television set in the mid 1950s which is about the time the Davy Crockett TV show aired. That Christmas in 1955 my brother and I got Davy Crockett coonskin hats.
My Dad had made in incinerator in back yard about sixty feet from our dining room. It was cinder block with a sliding steel door on top and a short chimney.
People thought it was a barbeque grill except it was for burning trash.
We're in the dining room finishing dinner after that Christmas when Dad decides to burn garbage. The dining room had large windows so we're watching Dad.
We see Dad slide the steel door open, and hear him cursing as he reaches down in. Something about those #@#% ungrateful kids throwing away their new coonskin hats.
Then he pulls up...a skunk! He had it by the tail.
Then you see this expression as Dad and skunk are face to face, like what the h*** do I do now?!?!?
He gently sets it down, then I've never seen anyone run that fast, in the door in like three seconds. Brother and I meanwhile had put our hats on, trying not to laugh.
41Q2xWLysIL._AC_SY400_.jpeg