Fuel Treatment Needed?

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #1  

man00

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota
My B2320 won't see much use at all during the winter months. Do I need to add anything to the fuel?

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #2  
Diesel is far more stable and has a greater shelf life than gasoline...My personal opinion is just ensure the tank is topped up to prevent condensation.

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #3  
Seeing the "won't see much use" in the expected winter use, I would put an anti-gel in the fuel in case some of that seldom use occurs in cold weather.

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #4  
I agree with geneP and many of us use power service in the white bottle . I get mine at Walmart. I use it year round in both my tractors .

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #5  
That power service helps keep junk from forming in the tank as well when it sits

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #6  
I also use Powerservice year round,doesn't cost much and cheap insurance.Fill tank to the top.I think one quart does 100 gallons.

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #7  
As I don't use much diesel, I too use Power Service year round. Beside helping the fuel not gelling, it also suppose to clean the injectors. I view it as cheap insurance. And knock of wood, haven't had a fuel issue in 5 years of running diesels.

Attachments

• Adam 12 EM.JPG
    Adam 12 EM.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 123
   / Fuel Treatment Needed? #8  
My tractor is a low use (~ 50 hrs/yr) vehicle, too. I buy diesel in 5 gallon quantities so as to use it before it gets too old. In addition to the Power Service treatment, I also put about 2 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel. It also helps keep injectors clean, and my theory is that it will help lubricate the injection pump that was made before the ultra low sulphur fuels

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #9  
Never heard of the additives listed here but I've been using Stanadyne for a few yrs. now for lubricity .

/ Fuel Treatment Needed? #10  
I agree that additives like Power Service are cheap insurance. On the other hand, in over 30 years of daily diesel use without additives, including Michigan winters, I never had a fuel problem until last year when the temps were minus 24 below. Twice I experienced fuel gelling. Acted just like a dirty fuel filter. Truck would run but had no power and would struggle to go 25 mph. Luckily I keep a can of Diesel 911 on board. Added that and 5 minutes later all was well. I still don't use additives as a regular practice, but I will always have 911 on hand in the winter. Just in case. Good luck.