Oil & Fuel Fuel Transfer Pump

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #1  

TonyC

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL
Anyone have any experience with the Fill-Rite transfer pumps from Northern Tools? I am looking at the "Standard Duty" models 109577 (12V) and 109578 (120V). They seem to come fairly complete with hose, nozzle, filter etc although I don't see a water trap included. Anyone have one of these? Also, any thoughts about 12V vs 120V would be appreciated.

109577_lg.jpg

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #2  
Make sure it has a filter on it. I wouldn't buy one that didn't have a filter. Too much crud in tanks from being outside.

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #3  
Fill rite makes a good pump in general, but I can't comment specifically on the model you're looking at. Around here, I'd say better than half the pumps on tanks are the red heavy duty version. I believe it's a 15 or 20 gpm pump if I recall correctly. Ok, I went outside and looked and mine is the 12 volt heavy duty 15 gpm model. Mine didn't come with a filter or fuel water seperator, so I added one for about $30 which brought the price up to around $300. The only thing I intend to add is the automatic shut off filler nozzle. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a yellow one on a tank. Sorry I can't provide specific information on the pump you're looking at.

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #4  
Tuthill makes a good pump. Contrary to what Richard says or maybe I should say, in addition to what Richard says, No matter which manufacturer you get the pump from, the water seperator/filter is not included. It's purchased seperatly. I have a GPI (Great Plains Industries) pump on my bulk tank and a Tuthill (just like the one in the picture) on my transfer tank that goes in my picyup. The GPI pump does have a mesh strainer in the pump body, It would stop bugs from getting in the fuel line but that's about it!! I've included a photo of my bulk tank. You can see the add on filter/seperator. It's a GPI unit too. I use the more expensive water seperator/filter cartridge.

Attachments

• 299974-tank.jpg
    299974-tank.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 430
   / Fuel Transfer Pump #5  
I should probably mention that I have automatic shutoff nozzles on both pumps. It makes it easier to fill tractors when you don't have to watch to see if you are going to overflow the tank and run the diesel all over the hood!!!

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #6  
5030-

I've been looking for an automatic shutoff nozzle but haven't had much look finding one. I usually get to day dreaming when I'm filling up in the evening and I'm tired of spilling diesel all over me and the tractor. Are your nozzles also made by GPI? Do you know of an internet site for them? Thanks

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #7  
Tony.. I have that exact pump on a 275 gallon tank.. I added a fuel meter.. and a fuel water filter. I opted for the 12V model hooked up to a marine deep cycle battery to make it mobil.. the tank is mounted on wagon gear that I bought from Northern Tool. I really don't plan on traveling around w/ it much.. but it'll be easy enough to move around to mow grass, etc. I finished refurbishing the tank during all that rain.. just haven't gotten it filled yet to test it out. Most of farmers around here use hand pump models that I've seen..

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #8  
This is where I buy all my fueling supplies. Not much on the site but you can call and they will ship.
FYI the auto shutoff nozzles will slow your flow down about 5 gpm.
http://www.oes-corp.com/

/ Fuel Transfer Pump
Our local Tractor Supply store has them on the shelf. Northern Tools has them as well. You can buy it from them on the web at Auto Shut-Off Nozzle

/ Fuel Transfer Pump #10  
That's 4 minutes for 20 gallons. About the size of a medium tractors fuel tank and about enough time to check the oil and give her a once over.