Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all you Kioti owners lol. Just wondering if any of you have issues with the gas cap being hard to open. When I go to refuel I need to have channel lock pliers to open the darn gas cap. Impossible to open by hand why? If you do please tell me how you fixed it. I was thinking of using one off my car and see if that fixes it. Thanks for an input
Gilles

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #2  
I don't have a Kioti, but my Kubota RTV 900 is the same way. I really have to strain to get it off and being as it is kind of up in a recessed hole, makes it very hard to get but one hand on it. I too have resorted to a strap wrench occasionally since it is about 4.5" in diameter, channel locks don't fit too well. I put some grease on it but that didn't seem to help. Maybe some graphite, but I don't have any of that.

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #3  
You can open mine with your little finger. Almost no tension. Take it apart and see what is wrong with it.

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #4  
Mine is not hard to loosen. Your vent might be plugged, starting to pull a vacuum in the tank. Do Not use cap from the car, most of those have no vent.

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #5  
Mine is not hard to loosen. Your vent might be plugged, starting to pull a vacuum in the tank. Do Not use cap from the car, most of those have no vent.

Hmm. I cant remember if his CK30 has a metal gas door over the plastic gas cap or not. That is what I have on the DK35se and I assumed that was what he has too, but maybe he is referring to the black plastic screw on gas cap, I dunno.. some pictures would be nice.

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling
Take what apart the cap? and look for what? I mention this to the dealer and their reply was that this is a common problem with the gas cap vent design because of the build up of pressure inside the tank from different temperature changes. Typical dealer answer. This is why I am turning to you guys.
Gilles

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #7  
I too have a ck30 with the same problem,,, it is the black plastic cap he is referring to, I have to use channel locks to open mine

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling
Thanks guys I guess I am not the only one with that problem. Yes it is the black cap under the chrome door on the hood. Will check the vent etc on the cap. Thanks all
Gilles

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #9  
My Dk-35 was that way, so is my current DK-40. I find if I use both hands and press on each 'ear' of the cap in a twist off direction it does give up, but not without some effort.:confused3:
Or try putting a rag over it and de-torquing with one hand- that works too...

/ Fuel tank cap hard to open for refuelling #10  
Same problem on my bobcat/kioti.