Fuel Sytem Problem

/ Fuel Sytem Problem #1  

flip

I have a McCormick CX-100. When I add fuel and fill the tank and then use (Drive) the tractor, the fuel gauge will start to move down quickly. The tank will also start to expand. The hose in back that has a vent (not sure how it works) gurgles and fuel discharges from it. When I open the fuel cap pressure is released. The fuel gauge moves back to the full position, and everything seems to be ok, until i start again. When the fuel gets lower the problem seems to go away. The fuel cap says its not vented. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated. With the price of diesel this problem is very costly.

Thanks...............Flip

/ Fuel Sytem Problem #2  
flip said:
I have a McCormick CX-100. When I add fuel and fill the tank and then use (Drive) the tractor, the fuel gauge will start to move down quickly. The tank will also start to expand. The hose in back that has a vent (not sure how it works) gurgles and fuel discharges from it. When I open the fuel cap pressure is released. The fuel gauge moves back to the full position, and everything seems to be ok, until i start again. When the fuel gets lower the problem seems to go away. The fuel cap says its not vented. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated. With the price of diesel this problem is very costly.

Thanks...............Flip

I had the same problem with my cx80. I talked to my local dealer and he said to punch a very small hole in the fuel cap so thats what i did. It fixed the problem for me.