Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #11  
The ultimate way to avoid gas problems with the mower is to get one with a Diesel engine ;-) If you thought your mower was expensive as it is, well, maybe Diesel is not a good idea, LOL.

I am with the Stabil and run it out of fuel with a fuel line shut off if possible. Now my local Stihl/Cub Cadet dealer claims Stabil is worthless and Seafoam is a better choice. IDK, I've had good results with Stabil and I use Seafoam to clean out the carb if it's not running well.

If the mower has a starter battery, I highly recommend a battery maintainer such as the Battery Tender Jr. It will pay for itself by giving you much longer battery life. Everything here that is not run regularly either has it's own tender or I have a quick connect and rotate the tender among two or three units.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #12  
I have used Stabil in the past and it's a good product.

Now I use Amsoil Quickshot year round. It keeps the fuel system clean, helps with ethanol issues and it provides ~3 months of fuel stabilization and that's all I need here in North Texas.

I am not a fan of the draining the fuel system or carb. some manufacturers and mechanics say that causes seals/gaskets and fuel lines to dry out and deteriorate causing more issues. Best to use properly treated fuel.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #13  
For those that are in a climate that it is easy to run the engine during the winter, it is best to stabilize and then occasionally run the engine until warm monthly. That cycles the old fuel through the carb that has started to deteriorate, freshens up the battery charge and lets you keep tabs on things like keeping rodents out.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #14  
Stabil is fine. So is Seafoam. Use either of them in non-ethanol gas if you can get it. It is less prone to gumming carbs, moisture attraction, and eating out fuel lines and other rubber/plastic components. It is all I use in all my small motors, and haven't had any fuel related problems for years. My log splitter set for three years unstarted, and started up on second pull and ran fine with three year old gas. If you don't have any Stabil laying around, a small amount of two stroke motor oil in your gas that is going to be setting works pretty good too. Storing small engines under cover helps a lot too.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #15  
I love when people use Sta-bil. Makes more money for me trying to clean the breakdown crystals out of places it should of never been. Why would somebody use a products to stabilize fuel for up to 2 years when the product itself has to be used within 2 years of opening the bottle.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #16  
Me personally, I will NEVER use another fuel stabilizer EVER AGAIN. I had my beautifully running cub cadet with the Kohler Command ready for winter and even though I used non ethanol gas I put some stabil in there. Next year, runs for 15 minutes dies, can’t restart without choke and would die within a minute. Fuel lines and pump were good, changed the fuel filter good spark very good compression. Fresh oil good oil pressure. So I rebuilt the carb only to find corrosion, and some weird hard plastic/slimy residue in there. All the gaskets were destroyed and the needle was completely done. Even the low speed screw was damaged. Rebuilt it put all new gaskets and jets in it new needle. Fired up in 1/2 a second. Doesn’t even need the choke. Mowed probity 5-8 more times with it this season never had a problem. So if I were you you “fuel stabilizer” should be non ethanol fuel. It will save you lots of headaches and time down the road.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #17  
Me personally, I will NEVER use another fuel stabilizer EVER AGAIN. I had my beautifully running cub cadet with the Kohler Command ready for winter and even though I used non ethanol gas I put some stabil in there. Next year, runs for 15 minutes dies, can’t restart without choke and would die within a minute. Fuel lines and pump were good, changed the fuel filter good spark very good compression. Fresh oil good oil pressure. So I rebuilt the carb only to find corrosion, and some weird hard plastic/slimy residue in there. All the gaskets were destroyed and the needle was completely done. Even the low speed screw was damaged. Rebuilt it put all new gaskets and jets in it new needle. Fired up in 1/2 a second. Doesn’t even need the choke. Mowed probity 5-8 more times with it this season never had a problem. So if I were you you “fuel stabilizer” should be non ethanol fuel. It will save you lots of headaches and time down the road.
Will use the startron products if I need to for long term storage, and seems to act like a carb cleaner in my experience. Have used the Seafoam in the past will good results, but they changed the formulation on it due to EPA involvement and was never the same after that. I have found the crystal formations in the fuel bowl myself over the years, and the looks on the customers face when they pick up their mower and I say " I see you have been using Sta-bil"

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #18  
I am not a fan of the draining the fuel system or carb. some manufacturers and mechanics say that causes seals/gaskets and fuel lines to dry out and deteriorate causing more issues. Best to use properly treated fuel.
If you have "some manufacturers and mechanics" that tell you seals & gaskets go bad in 4 months of storage you probably should become your own DIY mechanic.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #19  
If you have "some manufacturers and mechanics" that tell you seals & gaskets go bad in 4 months of storage you probably should become your own DIY mechanic.
They aren't saying it happens in 4 months or any set number of months, it may be for longer storage terms.
But Any amount of deterioration in any time frame is bad so no sense in using that method when treated fuel solves everything.
I have used normal 10% ethanol fuels treated with Amsoil Quickshot for decades, or however long quickshot has been around, and no problems.
This is across 3 ATVs, a ZT, a JD LA145 riding mower, a McClane Edger, an old craftsman pressure washer (that often goes 6-8 months unused),
I would add a craftsman 20" push mower, but I had ro replace the carburetor due to the float failing and just letting fuel run out. (At least that's what my limited mechanic knowledge led me to believe).

I have put some e0 in the fuel cans this fall (with Quickshot) just to see if I can notice any performance differences.

/ Fuel Stabilizer for new Z Turn #20  
I have used Stabil for years works well;I used to pull my battery but no longer do;I pick a nice day and start the machine during our long winters in Northern NY.Power Service for the diesel and Stabil for the gas machines.