Fuel problem in 2740

/ Fuel problem in 2740 #1  

uphere

Silver Member
I decided to change my fuel filter today - with the loader setup it is a bit of a chore - but got it done. I thought. Started up ran for 2 minutes - died. Purge the air again - reinstalled the filter a couple times thinking I might have a slight air leak somwehere. But to no avail. It turns over but does not start. Any ideas as to how I should continue to @#$% this up! :)

/ Fuel problem in 2740 #2  
I have a fuel filter setting in my shop; and now am a bit wary about putting it on. Have you got her started yet?

/ Fuel problem in 2740
Yeah - mechanic from the dealer came out to the farm and spent an hour getting air out of my system ... it just did not want to cooperate. We tried letting air out at the injectors but we couldn't seem to get any fuel to show up? But we stayed with it and she finally coughed and went. He tells me that the little diesels are a real pain for air problems - I know from my own experience with my old IHC (624) that this would seem to be true (no problem with the IHC).

/ Fuel problem in 2740 #4  
open up the fuel line on the last injector in the system and turn over eventually fuel will seep out, then close the line. do you have it at least as far as the bowl?

/ Fuel problem in 2740
thanks Shakin ... actually we ended up opening the first and last to get it to work (you can't get at the middle one unless you take one right out?). We had little fuel if any in the bowl - took some time but after a bout of swear words from the mechanic she finally "seeped"!

/ Fuel problem in 2740 #6  
I decided to change my fuel filter today - with the loader setup it is a bit of a chore - but got it done. I thought. Started up ran for 2 minutes - died. Purge the air again - reinstalled the filter a couple times thinking I might have a slight air leak somwehere. But to no avail. It turns over but does not start. Any ideas as to how I should continue to @#$% this up! :)
How did you get bowl off with loader frame in the way?
I’m getting ready to repair a gas leak and I don’t know if pulling off the front loader framework will have to be done.
Did you have to remove loader frame work?