Oil & Fuel Fuel Neck Filter

/ Fuel Neck Filter #1  

TonyC

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 1997 L3600DT 4WD with FEL
Does everyone have one of those plastic screen/cup filters stuck in their fuel filler neck? If so, is it as annoying to you as it has been to me?

/ Fuel Neck Filter #2  
Tony, I don't know how Kubota decided which tractors to put that on and which ones to not. My '95 B7100 had it, but my '99 B2710 does not. It seems if you pour fuel in fast enough to completely cover the screen, that blocks air from exiting and you have a mess, but you can actually pour it in very fast, so long as you don't cover the entire screen; e.g., using a funnel to direct the flow to only part of the screen.

Bird

/ Fuel Neck Filter
I'll try to aim the funnel next time, maybe that will help. So far, it's been messy. Another problem too...how do you know when it's full??? Maybe I'll just yank it out!

/ Fuel Neck Filter #4  
<font color=blue>Another problem too...how do you know when it's full???</font color=blue>

Yep, that's another problem all right./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif The only way I knew to tell when it was full was to pour slowly when I thought it was getting close.

Bird

/ Fuel Neck Filter #5  
Bird
I thought it was full when fuel runs on floor./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Fuel Neck Filter #6  
Ron, I've used that method several times, but always thought there oughta be a better way./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Fuel Neck Filter #8  
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird