Fuel issues

/ Fuel issues #1  

FA-Q

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165 gas
Got Massey ferguson 165 gas tractor and I'm not getting any fuel to come from tank... what's the best coarse of action

/ Fuel issues #2  
I would blow low pressure air back to the tank and see if you get fuel flow, if only temporary. Followed by draining tank, and use an inspection camera (if necessary) to check for debris settling in the tank. I assume you have narrowed this down to the tank itself by removing fuel lines and checking flow. Good luck.

/ Fuel issues #3  
I would blow low pressure air back to the tank and see if you get fuel flow, if only temporary. Followed by draining tank, and use an inspection camera (if necessary) to check for debris settling in the tank. I assume you have narrowed this down to the tank itself by removing fuel lines and checking flow. Good luck.
After what RJ said, if that checks out, then look at your fuel pump (assuming it has one).

/ Fuel issues #4  
At what point in the fuel delivery system are you check for fuel flow..?? If at the carb. @ AGCO partsbook it shows an OEM inline fuel filter : https://parts.agcocorp.com/us/en/apbsearch?q=masseyferguson/651194/l&name=165+TRACTOR# (hope the link goes through and shows the page) If your inline filter is still there I'd remove the line ahead of the inline filter and check for good fuel flow. If you have good fuel flow to there, it's that filter. If no flow, check the sediment bowl. Look for telltale signs of sediment in the glass bowl. Shut fuel off, remove sediment bowl, and check, there "should" be a fine mesh screen where the glass bowl seats in the housing. It could be clogged with sediment. If it is, clean well. Then open petcock and be prepared to catch fuel in a small container to check for flow. If you have good flow, at that point. depending on how much fuel is in your tank you could reassemble and go ahead and run it until fuel level gets down enough to remove and thoroughly clean the tank, or just go ahead and purge the tank while apart and clean. If no flow, you'll definitely have to purge the tank and clean.

I just acquired a TO 35 and the whole fuel system was full of old stale gas with lots of varnish. Old fuel in the bottom of the tank about 1" deep. I used Simple Green Pro HD cleaner (it is purple in color) in the tank after putting some 3/4" limestone in the tank and jostled around to remove the heavy rust. Poured in the Simple Green in the tank enough to cover the nasty remains and let it soak for 24 hrs. It did a very good job of cleaning it up. Also used it in my new ultrasonic cleaner at a 3:1 ratio per directions on the jug to clean the sediment bowl and carb. which made them look like new. These are before and after pics of the emulsion tube out of the carb. to show how good of a job the cleaner did. I did not preclean before putting it in the U-S cleaner for 30 minutes on purpose, just to see how good of a job it would do. I was amazed at the results. I did spray it with brake cleaner when it came out just to remove what was left on it and wiped off with a shop towel.

Attachments

• 20230713_153445.jpg
    20230713_153445.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 23