Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #1  

SeymourBota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410, BX2200
I am looking to add tire chains to my front (turf) tires but the steering knuckle is so close to the rim is it almost impossible to run the chains high enough to avoid rub.
I am considering buying a set of spacers to move the rims out 1.5 inches for clearance.
Anyone tackled this problem before??

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #2  
I don't have a Kubota 2410, but I did put chains on all four wheels of my Kubota F2260 front mower. When using the snowblower, I found that I needed a bit more traction. Adding tire chains to the steering (rear) wheels did the trick. I put chains on that extended less than halfway down the side of the tire. I also let all the air out when I installed them. Aired the tires up and the chains were tight as a fiddle. No problem getting around the four wheel drive and steering mechanisms.

OrangeGuy

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #3  
Are you running rear chains? While many have successfully run front & rear chain combination. It is usually not recommended by the manufacturer. If you get into a "high traction" situation, the chains will add stress to the 4wd drivetrain.

The engineers try to leave a bit of room for the chains on the rear wheels, but likely don't plan for them on the front - thus your fitment problem.

Suggest you talk with your dealer.

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410
We do run chains on the rear and no clearance problem there. We plow and blow snow on about 1/2 mile of dirt road and stucks are periodic, as a base builds up on the road. Another family member with a heart condition is causing me to take extra steps to maximize traction. I will be running them only as needed- probably during January-February.

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #5  
I have seen that problem on the similar model Kubotas. Rediculous how close the mechanicals are to the tires. They do make low clearance cable "chains". they are for cars with a tight fit and are made from cable with round short tubes on the cable on the face of the tire for traction. Don't feel too bad, just look at all the poor folks that bought a New Holland tc35,40,45 with R4 tires, they cant even put chains on the rear. The fender is about an inch or two above the tire.

I am working with a set of 2-links I just bought on ebay. Hopefully, adding a link to the inside and using heavy tensioners on the outside will keep the chains from contacting the steering knuckle. I'll post pix if I get it to work.

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #7  
A long time back I had a 4x4 with the same problem. I wound up making a set of offset chains. The side chain that went on the inside was longer than the one on the outside. This gave me a larger radius on the inside thus clearing the ball joint. Just keep them tight and take it easy-If you go the spacer route the chain can still catch if it is loose and you are clawing for a bite....

Thanks. I am doing exactly that- I lengthened the inside chain and am using 2 tensioners on each wheel, offset from each other, to keep the inside riding as far out on the tire as possible.
Have decided against the spacers, but am switching to bar tires on the front for the winter.

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #9  
hazmat,

Do you think I will need rear chains for my B7500 w/turfs using my new rear mounted snowblower?
I've got about 300' to clear with about 100' of that being a 30 degree uphill grade?
-Terry

/ Front tire chain ?- Kubota B2410 #10  
<font color="blue"> Do you think I will need rear chains for my B7500 w/turfs using my new rear mounted snowblower?
I've got about 300' to clear with about 100' of that being a 30 degree uphill grade? </font>

I'm not hazmat...but if it is truly 30 degrees up hill...if it were me I know I would need the chains... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

However your milage may vary... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif