Snow Front snow blower

/ Front snow blower #1  
Tractor
Kubota B6100 - 4x4
Greetings! :eek:

Anyone with experience with a 48" front-mounted snow thrower?

It is a: Kubota Snow Caster Model B648A

Fits B6100, B7100 and other tractors in that class.

Regards,

Eric

/ Front snow blower #2  
A front blower is nice to use - especially for long driveways or roads. Sure is more convenient, not having to look backward like with a rear-mount. I've used rear-mounts for years - but this year I'm trying a front-mount. So far it seems very good - thread here

/ Front snow blower #3  
They worked well but they are 20 plus years old.

/ Front snow blower #5  
I have a 30 year old snow caster on the front of my case 446. This snow caster is driven by a belt. All I can say is it has blown snow for the family of a friend of mine since it was new. Occasionally over the years a new belt was required and I think he said some other piece had to be fabricated once. The model I have is a single stage blower so it doesn't throw the snow a great distance. That just requires the operator to strategically plan the snow removal route a bit.

/ Front snow blower #6  
I got a B648 or B748 (can't remember which) snow thrower for my B6100 this summer and have yet to put it on. I am finding the loader works pretty well for moving snow and I use it for more things than its probably worth to remove and put on the thrower.

Once I get me steering repaired I might take the time to take of the loader and try the thrower. I will also keep and eye on this thread to see if any others have any experiences with this model thrower.

/ Front snow blower #7  
Eric, I've taken them in trade and did get to see one of them work before delivery. It really did blow quite well as far as distance and height but if it is worn it might not. The unit although not quick attach was about a thirty minute install. For the most part here in NY I'll take a blower over a loader anytime.

/ Front snow blower #8  
I had a kubota 50", model 2650 2 stage. It was a good little unit, it would throw that light granular snow 40' @ 2000 rpm.

/ Front snow blower
Thanks for your replies ..... the snowthrower(1 stage) works well in light snow ..... the wet stuff, forget it.