Grading Front Hydraulic Blade for Branson FEL

/ Front Hydraulic Blade for Branson FEL #1  

sassafraspete

Platinum Member
not heaven but you can see it from here... Brown C
Tractor
Branson (kukje) 4020, 40hp turbo
Hi all. I thought some of you out there might be interested in this. When I bought my tractor 2 months ago, I asked my dealer about a front hydraulic blade for the Branson . Well, my dealer went the extra mile. In January, he took a tractor to the Kasco Mfg plant and they built this blade that quick attaches to the Branson FEL. My dealer's name is Dave Brown of Edinburg Indiana. He is a great guy. You probably won't find him surfing on this forum but more likely with his head under the hood of a tractor somewhere. He delivered my front blade today, here is a picture of a great dealer. If you happen to be going to the tractor show at Louisville next thurs or sat, you will probably find him at the Branson booth . Look him up, and talk tractor talk.

sassafras

Attachments

• 373266-Dave_Brown.jpg
    373266-Dave_Brown.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 421
   / Front Hydraulic Blade for Branson FEL
Here's a close up of the blade. If anyone is interested in something like this, I'd be glad to pass on Dave's number / email.

Attachments

• 373267-blade1.jpg
    373267-blade1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 392
Here is a picture of the front chains and plow on my Branson 4020. OK, so there will probably be no more snow this winter, LOL. The plow weighs something like 650 LB I believe.

Attachments

• 373270-blade_and_chains.JPG
    373270-blade_and_chains.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 331
No more sore neck from looking backwards, and on my hilly drive, I prefer looking to the front. One last view from the front of the tractor on my hill.

sassafraspete

happy plowing

Attachments

• 373274-tractor_blade.jpg
    373274-tractor_blade.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 348
   / Front Hydraulic Blade for Branson FEL #5  
Fortunately, I don't have any snow to move, so wouldn't need anything like that myself, but it sure does look like a fine rig for the purpose. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

Bird, you sure are missing all the fun. Your picture nearly blinded me ...with that new TBN shirt. Would that be kubota orange? Anyway, maybe we can ship some snow down to ya, or better yet come to Louisville next week for the tractor show....that TBN shirt will look good against a white background.

/ Front Hydraulic Blade for Branson FEL #7  
Hey Pete. Did you take your bh off? I'd think that the bh would be better weight, no? I was thinking the same idea about a snow blade since this ice and snowstorm happened here in the south. Seriously, great idea, I'd be interested in calling him for a price on how much. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Franz. Haven't heard from you in a while. You are right , the BH would make good weight. Actually, that is why I thought a front blade would work good in my situation, since I might keep the BH on . When I bought the tractor, Dave's "freebie" ha ha...was a back blade. I took the BH off and started using the back blade. We've been getting nickle and dimed here with snow, sleet , ice...small storms but wrecking havoc. Can't remember my drive getting this icy, and staying on that long. Glad to have the tractor for sure. This blade isn't cheap though,with hydraulics (notice Dave smiling in the picture). You can also go without hydraulics...eg set the angle with a pin. It's a five / ten minute job to drop the fel bucket and stick this one on. Mounts just like the bucket. Don't know if it is strong enough / has usefulness in dirt. Hoping so. If you live in an area where you can pick up some parking lot snow removal jobs, you can probably pay for the blade in short time. Unfortunately, I am in the country...so would have to trailer the tractor to the urban areas to make any money. Call Dave at Dave's Farm Service 812-526-5504 mon thru sat morn. He'll talk tractor talk with you.

pete

Franz, did you check out that cab Dave had on his branson? ( a picture in my previous eye candy thread) It is hard top, glass front, but has soft sides/back. He got with some company here in Indiana and they made that one up to fit the Branson. I haven't really checked it out very close... but if a person did a lot of snow blowing, etc. ...would be pretty nice.

pete

/ Front Hydraulic Blade for Branson FEL #10  
Actually, I did look at it. Looks nice from what I can see. I've been thinking about a cab as well. For the winter time and just for storage, to keep the weather out of the occupant area, so that I don't have to put a building up. My tractor will fit into my garage with the rops down, but it takes up too much working space. I don't want to start and move it every time I want to do something in my garage. I'll call Dave on the plow and cab. I'll also see if my dealer has anything. I've been busy down here, hauled some slate, got some wood and now the tractor sits. Most times lately, the ground is too soft and I'll do more damage than good. I did install some hooks on the front bucket and one on the bh. Bolted them on and I will tack them each with a weld later on. I bought holding type hooks (small opening in hook to catch the link of a chain) from TSC with a rating above the loader capacity. Doesn't look as good as a loop style hook, but will be more useful as a one man operation. Franz