Front 3 point hitch from the factory?

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
From an ad in CL for the blade.

I think this is the first factory? 3 point front hitch I've seen in the US. And it looks like it may be on an orchard tractor that I've never seen before, either.

front-3point-hitch.jpg

Bruce

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #2  
I added a SSQA adapter that allows me to put my 3PH attachments on the front. Works well for light duty raking with the landscape rake, and moving snow using the rear blade. I can put my boom on it as well. Beats having t look behind but beware the FEL cannot take the load like a rear mounted set up.

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #3  
Looks like both the front three point hitch and the exhaust are after market attachments. Might as well add the canopy in on that list too. The front three point is a slightly different color and has manufacturer labels on it.

I don't know much history, but front three point hitches are available. I just googled "front three point hitch" and came up with several manufacturers.

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #4  
I know that current models of Massey Ferguson have front mount 3-point. It's on their larger tractors - 125 to 200 hp units. So - a big MF with front mount 3-point and a big Schulte snow blower - let winter come on..........

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #5  
Yeah, front 3pt hitch has been used on European tractors for a long long time. They are starting to show up here in the U.S.

Bruce, I can't figure out how that 3pt lifts? Is there a hydraulic cylinder hidden behind the top link that pushes on the tractor frame below??

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #6  
Here a few closer pictures of the front 3 pt hitch. There is also the possibility of adding a front PTO as well. So far I'm only away of Zuidberg making front 3 pt hitches for pretty much every tractor.

You can see how the cylinder is setup there. I've also seen them mounting the cylinder under the tractor on a horizontal position when space is an issue.

61269797_2309471525987784_2832265403948859392_o.jpg78872851_2456555634612705_1864245621574074368_o.jpg79001970_2456555557946046_3613529618767675392_o.jpg

I'm wondering if a setup like that, with the V-plow would work well in the US?

In my opinion, a front 3 pt hitch is a much better solution than the proprietary hitches that Kubota and JD insist on selling those. The attachments would be much cheaper that way.

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #7  
Yeah, front 3pt hitch has been used on European tractors for a long long time. They are starting to show up here in the U.S.

Bruce, I can't figure out how that 3pt lifts? Is there a hydraulic cylinder hidden behind the top link that pushes on the tractor frame below??

Follow the hydraulic hoses... they go to a cylinder. The grill has 4 verticals but you can see 5. Well, the 2nd one from the right is the chrome cylinder ram. ;)

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #8  

I think this is the first factory? 3 point front hitch I've seen in the US. And it looks like it may be on an orchard tractor that I've never seen before, either.

Bruce

I don't think it's an orchard tractor. I think it is a low boy, though, where you straddle the transmission hump. My old IH2500b was like that.

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #9  
Follow the hydraulic hoses... they go to a cylinder. The grill has 4 verticals but you can see 5. Well, the 2nd one from the right is the chrome cylinder ram. ;)

Yep. Thanks Moss!!!

/ Front 3 point hitch from the factory? #10  

View attachment 637829

Bruce

That's not an IH hitch, it's after market. There was never a factory front 3pt on any of those utilities, including in Europe where they were built.

It is also on an orchard 84 series, factory underslung exhaust converted to be vertical.