From Garden tractor to 2210

/ From Garden tractor to 2210 #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I have a JD 455 garden tractor & I am looking into trading it for a 2210. I am looking for for advice from others that have gone from a garden tractor to a 2210. Are you happy you moved up? How does the turning radius compare?
I am not going to be using it for loader work as I have a JD 4710. I mow a hilly area with a pond, so 4wd & the roll bar are a plus. I also would be using a tiller, snow blower, a front grader blade, a box blade & landscape rake.
Chris

/ From Garden tractor to 2210 #2  
<font color="red"> I also would be using a tiller, snow blower, a front grader blade, a box blade & landscape rake.
</font>

If you did all that with your 455 you will be extremely pleased with your 2210!!!

/ From Garden tractor to 2210 #3  
I have a 335 and a 2210. While the 335 turns a bit shorter the uncut radius is not all that much different. I can mow at a much faster speed with the 2210/62c than the 335/54c, so mowing goes much faster and the power from the 3cy diesel is great. About the only hassle is the rops, it doesn't fold, femco now offers an aftermarket, JD-approved folding ROPS for $200 or so. While I haven't done a direct comparison, it seems that the 2210 uses about half the fuel of the 335 when moving (23HP diesel vs. 20HP gas).

I don't have a tiller but do have a 48" rotary/bushhog, and the tractor makes plently of PTO power for implements.