Friday, the 13th

/ Friday, the 13th #31  
My mother always used to say if you find a penny on the ground and put it in your shoe you'll have good luck all day, leave it and you'll have bad luck. I always do it if for no reason other than I'm 1¢ richer. :ROFLMAO:

My wife says that if you find a feather it means you're on the right path. Don't need to pick it up or anything, just acknowledge it.
To your first one. Remember "Penny Loafers"? Shoes with a slot on the tongue to put a penny.

To the second. My family has a deep "superstition" or "obsession" with feathers. My second Son died in an auto accident just before his 19th birthday 27 years ago. Over a six month or so period after his death myself and my other two Sons all had dreams about Eric. He was always dressed shirtless with feathers in his hair. The last time my eldest Son had the dream Eric said to him, every time you see a feather I'm there. I've lost track of the number of times we've been wheeling in our timber on the farm, standing around talking, and one of us bend down and pick up a feather off the ground. We all smile and quietly appreciate the contact. :cool:

/ Friday, the 13th #32  
My mother always used to say if you find a penny on the ground and put it in your shoe you'll have good luck all day, leave it and you'll have bad luck. I always do it if for no reason other than I'm 1¢ richer. :ROFLMAO:

My wife says that if you find a feather it means you're on the right path. Don't need to pick it up or anything, just acknowledge it.

Thanks. I always wondered where that name came from.

/ Friday, the 13th #33  
Don't walk under a ladder, can see how that could have come in to being!

/ Friday, the 13th #34  
I feel so lucky today I'm buying a mega millions lottery ticket. Lol

/ Friday, the 13th #35  
Strange - I've never heard the "feather" theory. I find lots of feathers out here. Mainly turkey and ravens. Both birds will get in great and very loud squabbles.
We have lots of domestic and wild birds around. Can't walk 2 steps without seeing feathers. If you see a pile some bird was not lucky.....
I'd never heard of that one before I met her either. From what she says the rationale is that for all the birds you see around, you don't see a lot of loose feathers, so finding one is some sort of sign.

About 15 years ago we were out for a walk, and had just walked passed a house that had been sitting empty for quite a few years. We had a brief discussion about possibly buying and rehabbing it. About 100 yd later we saw a feather beside the road, then another, another, and then a whole bunch. At first she thought it was a sign that we should look further into that house, but then realized that all it meant was that a turkey had probably gotten hit by a car. :LOL:

/ Friday, the 13th #38  

About 15 years ago we were out for a walk, and had just walked passed a house that had been sitting empty for quite a few years. We had a brief discussion about possibly buying and rehabbing it. About 100 yd later we saw a feather beside the road, then another, another, and then a whole bunch. At first she thought it was a sign that we should look further into that house, but then realized that all it meant was that a turkey had probably gotten hit by a car. :LOL:
In my area of NC there are geese that never migrate. They have found a safe place to stay and they do not leave. They infest the work campus, poop over everything and can be quite aggressive. A coworker saw a goose flying after a guy on a motorcycle in the parking lot. :eek: I have had them come after me as I walked by.

One day, I left work and was driving home. Roads were packed with rush hour traffic and a goose waddled across the road like it owned it. Well, it did, because a car hit that goose and the feathers flew. Not really funny for the goose, or the owner of the car, which I am sure had some damage, but dang it, it was funny as heck seeing the goose go boom in a explosion of feathers. :eek::ROFLMAO:😁 Could not believe how many feathers were on that bird. It really was an explosion of feathers.

/ Friday, the 13th #39  
Well...I forgot to get a mega millions tonight. So watch my numbers hit. Bad luck. LOL. And yeah... I still have time to get tickets but the truck is half a mile away in the dark and cold.

/ Friday, the 13th #40  
Well...I forgot to get a mega millions tonight. So watch my numbers hit. Bad luck. LOL. And yeah... I still have time to get tickets but the truck is half a mile away in the dark and cold.
You have until 10:45EST. Good excuse to go get an ice cream Sunday. :p