Freinds home built machinery

/ Freinds home built machinery #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
Ive got 2 freinds here that are good at building there own machinery. I work with both of them alot in there project and get to see the end results. The first machine is my distant kin Jimmy Lambert He built a TLB from an old Datsun car and the rearend out of a Moline tractor. It was made in stages First he got to drawing plans to make a tractor then wanted a loader then figured lets build a whole backhoe. His dad told him it wasnt possible but Jimmy told him somebody made the first one. Its a little worker He rear boom is under going a rebuild after a mishap with a stump. Allthe booms are from sheet stock in there homemade brake press. He second machine im gonna show is a another freind by the name of Jimmy Wells that built his own 4wheel drive and steering loader. its a bit bigg than and average Bobcat and has 2 transfer cases and an automatic transmission.

Attachments

• 53-222660-JimmysBackhoe.jpg
    53-222660-JimmysBackhoe.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 3,475
   / Freinds home built machinery
The backhoe has a little over180 degree swing. and the small bucket is the trade off for the long boom.

Attachments

• 53-222673-JimmysBh2.jpg
    53-222673-JimmysBh2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,317
Heres the loader and front view of the loader linkage

Attachments

• 53-222678-JimmysBh3.jpg
    53-222678-JimmysBh3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,708
Another side shot

Attachments

• 53-222681-JimmysBh4.jpg
    53-222681-JimmysBh4.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,277
Jimmy Well's $wheel drive and steer loader

Attachments

• 53-222683-Jimmy'sLoader.jpg
    53-222683-Jimmy'sLoader.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2,275
   / Freinds home built machinery #6  
Maybe it's time to come up with a Junkyard Wars team from TBN. Give me wrought'n Harv, this guy and JM3 and we're ready to go!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Freinds home built machinery #7  
<font color=blue>Give me wrought'n Harv, this guy and JM3 and we're ready to go!</font color=blue>

Now that sounds like a winning team. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Freinds home built machinery #8  
They are great, I love home made stuff, thanks for the pics.

/ Freinds home built machinery #9  
Sometimes creating something useful from junk and scraps can be so rewarding, /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif especially if you're into saving money as well. I know for myself, I sometimes enjoy the fabricating more than the actual using of the finish product. I can only compare it to vacationing and travel, the getting there is as much fun as being there. Great Pics., thanks for sharing /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif ....RayBee

The fella that built the little loader narrowed down the front axles out of a Chevy C5 blazer by cutting the housing down on the long side and puttin another short side axle in its place. Hes building a larger rear steering loader with a 1 1/4 yard bucket. Whats amazing it the fella is in a wheelchair. It takes him a bit to make these machines but well worth the time spent.

My cousin that built the Backhoe has repaired the boom section and is using it again. He made a little compact tractor with a loader a few weeks ago ill try to get a few pics of it. In one of the pics if youll look in the background of the mans house you can see on the porch his yellow homebuilt 4 wheeler its got a 1400 cc nissan motor and transmission. and is 4 wheel drive with and all sheet metal body and independent front suspension.