Freestanding Gas Stove w Ductwork

/ Freestanding Gas Stove w Ductwork #1  

hhsco

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2040, JD 5310N
Hi, wondering if this is a thing?

I'm looking to install a freestanding propane stove (or possibly fake fireplace) with a direct vent through the wall. I'd like to have a duct for hot air to pass through the ceiling, through a wall, and into the room above. That's it, just one extra place to dump hot air. Otherwise it would function just the same with the pretty fake logs and everything, but with a dedicated heat exhaust upstairs.

Is this something that is factory made? I can't find any info on such a unit. Obviously I could make a vent with a hole and some duct work but I was hoping there was a premade option to help me control temps in both rooms.

Thanks for any assistance.

/ Freestanding Gas Stove w Ductwork #2  
There are some very fine gas stoves out there, a lot more effective that "gas logs"

From this fine manufacturer Soapstone Gas Stoves

cottagegas.jpg

cottagesml.jpg

DIMENSIONS & SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions (HxWxD): .......30 x 24 3/4 x 21 1/4?br> Weight: Stove 290 lbs., Shipped 310 lbs.
Fuel: LPG(propane) or Natural Gas
Flue Exit: Rear Flue Size: 6 5/8?br> Flue Height (center): .................................23 3/4?br> Area heated: .................................800-1,200 sq. ft.
Min邦ax Heat Inputs:
NG: 18,691-22,552 BTUs /hr.
LPG: 18,297-21,988 BTUs /hr.
Controls: On/off/adj. output........on stove
Remote Control/Thermostat...??..optional
Efficiency (AFUE): ??..?...................76%
Efficiency(Steady State): .......................?..77%
Clearances: Front 30 Rear 11?br> Sides 8 Corner 4.5?br> Safety tested to UL Standards & ANSI 21.88b-2001
Mobile Home Approved

Now these stoves need proper venting and will operate without any electricity so they are not direct vent (like a pellet stove with a combustion blower). They also obviously work in a power outage. Any stove I buy has to or it does not make the grade.

They do have a "mini" that is direct vent
minicottage.gif

Mini Franklin Gas Stove

Due to the small size I believe it can ship UPS... Good for heating up to 100-400 sq ft.

/ Freestanding Gas Stove w Ductwork
I must not have been clear- I'm pretty familiar with freestanding gas stoves as I have a napoleon in one building and another similar canadian brand "stove" in another. Love the way they function (particularly as supplemental) and folks seem to like they way they look. I'm just curious if one is DESIGNED to provide hot air to not only the room in which it sits, but also another room via ductwork.

That mini would be pretty sweet for a very small application but 1300 bucks for 7,000 btus (especially just the stove itself) is a little outside how I operate!

/ Freestanding Gas Stove w Ductwork #4  
Sounds like you want a furnace ? Then you can run ducting wherever you want ?

/ Freestanding Gas Stove w Ductwork
Ha, nope! I'd like to know if there is a freestanding, pretty-little-flame stove that includes an option to force-air-heat another room. Just like a furnace, but not looking for a furnace. Hence the odd question on the internet as I don't know if these things exist.