Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials
You have marginal credit or what? I could buy the Brooklyn Bridge with a cumulative credit score of 829. In fact, I get offers constantly, of which I delete them all. Only have 2 credit cards and both have huge credit limits on them I might add but they get paid off every month. The outfit that carries the mortgage on my one not paid off rental is always bugging me.. That gets deleted as well. Farm is paid off, 2 rentals are paid off, no car payments, only thing not paid off is the farm equipment and that is a write off anyway.
Well... mine isn't 'good', but wife's is Bad. Not for non payment, it's more based on percentage of usage. We share a credit card, which has a significant balance we are working on, but it isn't crazy. We are both on both vehicles. I'm solo on tractor, and she's solo on Honda SxS. What kills hers, is she had a couple smaller cards/store accounts, furniture store, lowes, ect, that don't have high limits, but so have 90% of the max as a balance.

Also, the land lender has pretty stringent credit requirements.

This property was cheap enough, 6.7 acres for acres for like $65k. We rode it once, and we (wife :) decided No. Then I looked again, and they dropped price to like $59k. It was in same neighborhood, which has recently disbanded the HOA (legally it was abolished due to illegal actions, by state court), so same schools, ect. I had actually considered cashing out some retirement accounts and paying cash; Or they offered owner fianceing, but it was weird. They wanted a reasonable down payment, but then monthly payments based on price plus 20% total purchase price; ie, $70.8k if you pay off in 1 year or 10...

We didn't really realize her credit was as bad as it was; and I'll admit some of the stuff I had 'assumed' was paid off a long time ago; stuff like a coach, bed, ect that was 6 months same as cash, Lowes card with a couple appliances. Mildly annoying part of that, was we had the cash, but we said, might as well float it out 6 months, and then she just paid the $40/month or whatever.

Not the original thread topic, but with all the auto online bill pay, I feel it takes more concented efforts to pay down a balance, as they automatically just draft the min payment. When we mailed checks, we would always round up; as in $318 truck payment, we would send check for $350.

Tractor payment is though a small ag credit union, and you have to log in and make an online payment every month, no auto draft, and I round that up every month.

Not saying I miss paper bills, and checks and all; but...

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #13  
One thing I learned long ago and that is, it's detrimental to your credit rating to have numerous credit cards which is why my wife and I share just one card and that card has the best rewards of any of them today. The keep increasing the credit limit but we don't 'bite' anyway. I much prefer doing business with my farm suppliers and my shop suppliers on a pay in 30 days deal or 90 days, same as cash and no credit cards used.

Credit card issuers make money hand over fist but we don't contribute to that. That 25% of the unpaid balance gives me the Heeby-Geebies.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #14  
This property was cheap enough, 6.7 acres for acres for like $65k.
Well, when I was looking for RETIREMENT property I didn't consider future sale value. Just low taxes, close to relatives, a few hills, plenty of water etc.
For me in Mississippi I'd have had to move a decimal point on either the number of acres (to 67) or the price (to 6.5K).

Since this thread seems to be winding up I'm going to do a slight hijack.
There are several FREE GIS (Geographic Information System) programs.
GRASS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System)
QGIS
SAGA GIS

But they all take quite a bit of learning.
In the beginning there was ADDWAMS and MOSS running on DEC PDP-11. I forget what ADDWAMS was, but MOSS is Map Overlay Statistical System.
For reference:
The PDP11/70 does 0.7 Dhrystone MIPS. The Pi4 is 5365 Dhrystone MIPS per core.

I briefly used them back in 1978 to 1980.
GRASS grew out of ADDWAMS and MOSS and is still being used. But unless you are a resource manager you wouldn't use them.
ARC/INFO (vector based) and ERDAS (raster based) came along and for a mere $20 or $30 thousand dollars you can get fully functional top of the line GIS software system. Plus probably spend about the same on training.
That's why I stick with acetate and sharpies.

Well, when I was looking for RETIREMENT property I didn't consider future sale value. Just low taxes, close to relatives, a few hills, plenty of water etc.
For me in Mississippi I'd have had to move a decimal point on either the number of acres (to 67) or the price (to 6.5K).

That's why I stick with acetate and sharpies.

I do like north Florida, but long term... it's getting full and expensive. When I look at NE Alabama, and see what the same money buys...

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #16  
I've loaded images into programs like Gimp or LibreOffice Draw, and doodled on them.
GIMP has a measuring tape you can estimate scale with, but overall it isn't really good for scale drawings.

I keep meaning to teach myself either FreeCAD or LibreCAD.

I've loaded images into programs like Gimp or LibreOffice Draw, and doodled on them.
GIMP has a measuring tape you can estimate scale with, but overall it isn't really good for scale drawings.

I keep meaning to teach myself either FreeCAD or LibreCAD.
ScribbleMap does have a distance measuring feature, and it May have an angle indicator If you knew what you were doing, but I couldn't find one. I didn't see anything where you could measure 24 ft and then go 90 degrees or anything like that. I also didn't see any layers, like landscaping, paving and drainage, ect. Ideally, you would be able to import the aerial or topo, or both, with property lines, and then follow those lines. For instance, your west property line, shade a 20 ft landscape buffer, then an 8 ft grassed area, 12 ft drive, and have that follow the property line.

I'm asking a lot from an easy, free to use, online based software or app, aren't I.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #19  
We didn't really realize her credit was as bad as it was; and I'll admit some of the stuff I had 'assumed' was paid off a long time ago; stuff like a coach, bed, ect that was 6 months same as cash, Lowes card with a couple appliances. Mildly annoying part of that, was we had the cash, but we said, might as well float it out 6 months, and then she just paid the $40/month or whatever.

Not the original thread topic, but with all the auto online bill pay, I feel it takes more concented efforts to pay down a balance, as they automatically just draft the min payment. When we mailed checks, we would always round up; as in $318 truck payment, we would send check for $350.

Tractor payment is though a small ag credit union, and you have to log in and make an online payment every month, no auto draft, and I round that up every month.

Not saying I miss paper bills, and checks and all; but...
One cardinal rule we abide by always is, we never use auto pay or online bill paying. We always insist on a paper invoice mailed to us, monthly and you can opt out of online paying with any CC provider or mortgage holder and even in our case Kubota, Kubota bill the farm quarterly, paper bill with stub attached and I like quarterly payments on the farm equipment anyway, easier to track and the accountant prefers that as well.

I'll always have a checking account and if for some reason I don't, I'll pay with a money order or a bank draft drawn on our accounts.

/ Free program to sketch scaled drawings on aerials #20  
One thing I learned long ago and that is, it's detrimental to your credit rating to have numerous credit cards which is why my wife and I share just one card and that card has the best rewards of any of them today. The keep increasing the credit limit but we don't 'bite' anyway. I much prefer doing business with my farm suppliers and my shop suppliers on a pay in 30 days deal or 90 days, same as cash and no credit cards used.

Credit card issuers make money hand over fist but we don't contribute to that. That 25% of the unpaid balance gives me the Heeby-Geebies.
That was true years ago. When I went to buy my 2018 Silverado, they said if I got a loan I would save $1000. While getting the loan he told me my credit rating was 834. My last loan was in 1999 and I didn't owe any money. I had 5 credit cards with open credit of $50k. I paid the truck off on the 2nd payment.