Forks & Capacity Massey Ferguson 1835M

/ Forks & Capacity Massey Ferguson 1835M #1  

Rtice001

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1835M
I just bought an 1835M with 200 hours. It comes with a bucket and brush hog. I'm needing to move some pallets around so I need forks. Fork options seem to be either a pair that attaches to a bucket or I can remove the bucket and use the forks as sort of the primary frontal mechanism. I have 2 questions:

#1: What are the advantages and disadvantages to either type of fork setup? It seems the bucket attached forks are a little less expensive so I'm guessing the direct attach will have some more functionality and/or capacity.

#2: I'm having trouble finding the fork lifting capacity of the 1835M. Any ideas on this? And if you found the source, I'd love to see it.
Thanks.

/ Forks & Capacity Massey Ferguson 1835M #2  
I just bought an 1835M with 200 hours. It comes with a bucket and brush hog. I'm needing to move some pallets around so I need forks. Fork options seem to be either a pair that attaches to a bucket or I can remove the bucket and use the forks as sort of the primary frontal mechanism. I have 2 questions:

#1: What are the advantages and disadvantages to either type of fork setup? It seems the bucket attached forks are a little less expensive so I'm guessing the direct attach will have some more functionality and/or capacity.

#2: I'm having trouble finding the fork lifting capacity of the 1835M. Any ideas on this? And if you found the source, I'd love to see it.
Thanks.

Just looking at TractorData.com
TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 1835M tractor information

When looking at loader specs, The first thing to check is if you have that model loader: The FL2611.

Everything you put on the front of the lift arms counts as weight. So if you have a quick change front adapter or a larger bucket those count against the amount you can lift. Then also, and the farther out from the ends of the arms you go then the less you can lift.

Use the smallest figure in the chart,- in this case use the figure of 500mm or 20" out from the ends of the arms. But with forks the weight can be a lot farther out, so reduce accordingly. It's linear, if you double the distance you half the lift ability.

Do you have a SSQA on the loader? If so, I'd use direct attach type. If not, then bucket attach is the option, but by the time you lift a bucket and forks with the load out that far you can't lift much very high. 500 lbs out of the back of a pickup with the bucket attach forks... maybe 750/1000. Everyone will tell you theirs will lift more. My advice is: Go Conservative. Lift on the flat.
Don't lift very high. Counterbalance with lots of weight on the 3pt.
And get forks with some back protection so you don't dump a load in your lap.
rScotty
Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 10.53.01 AM.png