Ford vs NH Spec Oil

/ Ford vs NH Spec Oil #1  

jwhite

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
Due to my "great" dealer prep on a new TC-33D tractor, a fitting under the cover on the loader valve was left loose and subsequently shook off dumping 3 or 4 Gallons of Hydro Fluid all over the driveway. As the dealer is about an hour away and NOT wanting to give him more money, I have been looking for fluid locally.

At Pep Boys, they have Valvoline Tractor Hydraulic (Stock Number 720) fluid in 5 gallon pails that meet Ford Specs M2C-134B, M2C-134C and M2C-134D. The New Holland manual says use NH134. Do any of these specs match? Valvoline's web site is no help. I know Ford sold their tractor division to NH a number of years ago, so I am hopeful that the Ford "134" is the same as the NH "134". The tractor has only about 10 hours on it so far.

Thanks!
Jay White

/ Ford vs NH Spec Oil #2  
Have you contacted your dealer. If this is an equipment or preperation problem, I would expect them to come & take care of it without any cost to you. I know that my NH dealer would. They picked up my tractor, did the 50 hr service, returned it & I only paid for the fluids. They have also been out to repair a couple of minor warrenty items at no charge to me... Maybe it's just my dealer, but I would discuss it with your dealer if you haven't already & notify NH if not safisfied. I do not know about the fluid specs, but for the sake of your warrenty, you do want to be sure...

/ Ford vs NH Spec Oil #3  
if this is a dealer mess up have them come back tighten the fitting and refill the trans. ford 134 and new holland 134 are the same
gary

/ Ford vs NH Spec Oil
I bought some NH134 today. It shows that it meets Ford Spec M2C-134D on the carton. I had to add 3.5 gallons.

I'll deal with the dealer a different way. When people ask me where I got my tractor and if they were any good, I'll tell them :). They will also get none of my service business or attachment business. I like to vote with my dollars.

/ Ford vs NH Spec Oil #5  
jwhite,

I'm just abit late with this advice but I'll give you my two cents for free anyway! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I would have given the dealer a chance to correct the problem. I had a problem with my tractor setup at delivery, the FEL FELL off but the dealer corrected it, bolts that had been stripped and a hydraulic line that was misrouted by a mechanic. I have not asked if the mechanic was still working at the dealer but I do know he got at least two "lectures." I know one "lecture" was much to the point on the quality of his work.

In the end the problems were corrected to my satisfaction, without cost to me, and just as importantly I did not have to raise heck to get things done. Which is why I went to the dealer in the first place. It would have been better if none of this had happened but one bad mechanic or one person having a bad day does not make a bad dealership.

The dealer should have come to your place, cleaned up the mess and fixed the problem.

Hope this helps...
Dan McCarty

/ Ford vs NH Spec Oil #6  
I beg to differ with you......

on your handling of your dealer. Have you never made a mistake before in your life? Just like you and I your dealer and his staff are only human! We all overlook thinks and make mistakes from time to time. Now I'm not saying what they did is in any way excusable,but at least give them a chance to rectify the problem. In today's scratch for the sale economy,it's customer service that must seperate the good dealers from the bad!! I raise and sell bison,and meat locally. If someone ocassionaly has a problem with my product(usually over cook it)I encourage them to come back and tell me about it! I'll give them a replacement for what they bought,and once again instruct them how to prepare the meat. Hopefully they listen this time,and re-read the brochures I provide.

Now if you went to this dealer that's 100 miles away only to save a few$$ and by-passed local dealers who provide better service(before & after the sale),but at a higher purchase price. Then I'd have to say You Got What You Paid For!!!!!!!