Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger.

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I was going to post this in the Ranger thread which is currently running, but didn't want to hijack the thread. Details are sketchy, but could it be that something is being built to replicate the original compact pickups?

New Compact Ford Pickup Will Start Under $20,000: Report

A little two seater with 4WD and a 5 gear would be a fun toy.

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #2  
A little two seater with 4WD and a 5 gear would be a fun toy.
I agree, and at the same price as an upgraded SxS … I know which would suit my needs better. :thumbsup:

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #3  
Would be nice to be able to reach inside the bed again....

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #4  
I like that news, the new Ranger is too big and too expensive. I currently have a 99 4x4 Ranger, and it's just right.

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #5  
All of them are too big. Nice to see someone come out now with a smaller one. Early pictures look very good. Dang 2005 Tacoma is so reliable, and we hardly drive it, only for when we really need a pickup. Only costs for insurance. New pickup would require the $20k.

Ralph

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #6  
Remember the Ford Courier?

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #8  
And supposedly the reason they discontinued the small pickup trucks in the first place was lack of demand. Now they are claiming there is a demand for small pickup trucks. The reason that there was no demand for small pickup trucks is because the small pickups became more expensive in some cases than their bigger brothers.

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger. #9  
And supposedly the reason they discontinued the small pickup trucks in the first place was lack of demand. Now they are claiming there is a demand for small pickup trucks. The reason that there was no demand for small pickup trucks is because the small pickups became more expensive in some cases than their bigger brothers.

100% agree. I had a 1986 S10 that I put 300,000 kms on. It had a geared 4 cyl engine (no timing belt) that was good on fuel, and ran reliably for years with only basic maintenance. I drive that thing across the continent from Halifax to Vancouver (or the reverse) 6 times. The final time i took a scenic detour when I left Vancouver and went down through Wash, Oreg, California, Ariz, New Mex, Colorado, Wyoming, Dakotas, and Michigan so I could cross the border at Sault Ste. Marie. I hunted, camped, kayaked and everything else with that little truck for years, and it was amazingly reliable.

All those little trucks were very basic, light, and simple, the Rangers, S-10's, and Mazda B series 1/4 tons. As soon as people started wanting more towing power and bigger engines the trucks went down hill because they ended up with crappy mileage, and a higher sticker price than the 1/2 tons.

/ Ford to introduce another pickup, smaller than the new Ranger.
Along with the price, it got so that the small trucks got the same poor mileage as the full sized versions... if not worse.