Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #1  

WilliamBos

Tractor
MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle
Curious about the 6.2 Gasser in the Ford Superduty trucks. Don't hear too many complaints on reliability of them, which is a good thing. Next truck will be getting back in to a fullsize, would like a gas HD 4x4.

For those that run an F Superduty with the 6,2, would love to hear your review on it. No interest in a diesel, and the new 6.8/7.3 gasser is more than I want to spend

Looking at F250 6.2 gas 4x4.

Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #2  
If you're really talking about the F Superduty truck, that is actually a medium duty truck. It comes with bigger axle's and suspension than the regular super duty. I don't think they have made them for over 10 years now, maybe longer. I don't believe that they ever put the 6.2 in the real F superduty trucks. I think they came with the V-10 or the 7.3 powerstroke.

You can see on the side the moniker of F superduty of this truck.

1997fordfsuperdutyflatbedpickup-4.jpg

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?
If you're really talking about the F Superduty truck, that is actually a medium duty truck. It comes with bigger axle's and suspension than the regular super duty. I don't think they have made them for over 10 years now, maybe longer. I don't believe that they ever put the 6.2 in the real F superduty trucks. I think they came with the V-10 or the 7.3 powerstroke.

You can see on the side the moniker of F superduty of this truck.

1997fordfsuperdutyflatbedpickup-4.jpg
The FSuperduty refers to the F250 and bigger. That truck is super clean though, but looking newer.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #4  
The FSuperduty refers to the F250 and bigger. That truck is super clean though, but looking newer.
See the problem with that is there is really a F superduty truck. Most Ford guys will draw attention to the distinction.

The proper terminology you're looking for is just superduty. Drop the "F" and it will open up a whole new world to your question. The "F" needs to be before the numerical number of the weight rating i.e. F250, F350, F450 etc.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #5  
I had a 6.2 in my 2014 raptor. It's a strong motor and will treat you right if you take care of it. Thirsty though.
hunting truck.jpg

See the problem with that is there is really a F superduty truck. Most Ford guys will draw attention to the distinction.

The proper terminology you're looking for is just superduty. Drop the "F" and it will open up a whole new world to your question. The "F" needs to be before the numerical number of the weight rating i.e. F250, F350, F450 etc.
My post has been edited, can you answer my otiginal question? Nothing older than MY2017.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #8  
My post has been edited, can you answer my otiginal question? Nothing older than MY2017.
They are a very reliable engine. Mine has given me no problems and I romp on mine hard, like a raptor should. Like with all ford modular engines, over change the spark plugs and this motor has 16 of them. Like I said, they get around 12 miles to the gallon.

I think the 6.2 is now a discontinued engine. Ford developed a new 6.8l that will be the new base engine in the new superduty trucks. The other gas motor will be the 7.3.

I really don't buy used, but I would check those spark plugs and the coil packs. Those seem to be the one area that needs attention.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #9  
No personal experience but I know someone who has one. His is a 2015, I think the last year for steel body. His is a nice truck, a Lariat, and he has had good luck with it. Nice payload to, something like 3000 pounds.

They are a very reliable engine. Mine has given me no problems and I romp on mine hard, like a raptor should. Like with all ford modular engines, over change the spark plugs and this motor has 16 of them. Like I said, they get around 12 miles to the gallon.

I think the 6.2 is now a discontinued engine. Ford developed a new 6.8l that will be the new base engine in the new superduty trucks. The other gas motor will be the 7.3.

I really don't buy used, but I would check those spark plugs and the coil packs. Those seem to be the one area that needs attention.
The Ford coil packs are super dependable, avoid aftermarket garbage. Thats why I am staying 2017 and newer.

Last edited: