Ford series two

/ Ford series two #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
My dad is looking at Ford 6610s and 7610s what are the different between the normal and series two

/ Ford series two #2  
My dad is looking at Ford 6610s and 7610s what are the different between the normal and series two
Two is what you want. Steering. One had a hydraulic type and two had a gearbox. I'm thinking thats the main difference. We have three 5610 but it's the same tractor. I was always told to stay away from R also. Just telling what ize told. Beings they are late 80's and still on the job, they are good machines. Only complaint low reverse too slow and high reverse too fast. Keep a new thermostart for cold starts and a block heater that goes in a freeze plug hole. I use two block heaers and throw a blanket over hood and plug in before I use in cold weather. They do not like cold starts. Starting fluid is a no no do not use. Dont plug in overnight, just hour or so before use. We always park ours by electricity at night when cold weather. Starting fluid damages engines.

/ Ford series two
Two is what you want. Steering. One had a hydraulic type and two had a gearbox. I'm thinking thats the main difference. We have three 5610 but it's the same tractor. I was always told to stay away from R also. Just telling what ize told. Beings they are late 80's and still on the job, they are good machines. Only complaint low reverse too slow and high reverse too fast. Keep a new thermostart for cold starts and a block heater that goes in a freeze plug hole. I use two block heaers and throw a blanket over hood and plug in before I use in cold weather. They do not like cold starts. Starting fluid is a no no do not use. Dont plug in overnight, just hour or so before use. We always park ours by electricity at night when cold weather. Starting fluid damages engines.
Thanks man I’ve been trying to figure it out

/ Ford series two #4  
Ours have never been to a shop. They've had little things go wrong, but it's all little things. Overall some very solid machines. Bale 1500 rolls every year. Garden a few acres. Move dirt and have a good dump truck. Clean out 4 layer houses each year. So they get used.

/ Ford series two
Ours have never been to a shop. They've had little things go wrong, but it's all little things. Overall some very solid machines. Bale 1500 rolls every year. Garden a few acres. Move dirt and have a good dump truck. Clean out 4 layer houses each year. So they get used.
Good to hear can’t wait to get one of my own

/ Ford series two #6  
They’re great tractors.

/ Ford series two #8  
My brother bought a new 5610 4x4 years ago. We made it like a Woods type tractor. Belly pan, cage, well protected. It weighs 14,000# empty. The weight makes it pull good.