Buying Advice Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501

/ Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501 #23  
I think comparing an 8n to the L2501 is the perfect comparison. Many have experience with the old Ford's and know what they can do.
Myself, that's what we had when I was growing up. I haven't been on a tractor since then, and knowing that the L2501 will easily do everything our old 8n could do gives me the info I need on deciding if the L2501 will be enough tractor for what I may need to do.

/ Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501 #24  
Pretty much the same comparison I found back in 2002 when I upgraded from a 52 8N to a 2002 New Holland TC33D. But the 8N did have the Sherman transmission which was like a dozer. As a result I found that pulling a disk the 8N did struggle as much, but everything else the NH was an upgrade.

/ Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501 #25  
The Ford 8N is an American Legend. Operating one the heritage, tradition, nostalgia and ghosts of farmers since passed flows through your body.

Buy both!

/ Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501 #26  
The Ford 8N is an American Legend. Operating one the heritage, tradition, nostalgia and ghosts of farmers since passed flows through your body.

Buy both!

Not to mention that spring seat was so comfortable. Great machine

/ Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501 #27  
Not to mention that spring seat was so comfortable. Great machine

We had a feather pillow on the 8N seat and I spent many hours mowing, discing, and putting out hay with ours. Only time I did not like it was when the pillow got wet and I sat on it leading to a wet butt.

/ Ford 8N vs Kubota L2501 #28  
14) Still baked in the hot Virginia summer sun, inhaled a ton of pollen and grass dust, got all sweaty and stinky. Same on the L2501 as the 8N. Wife said 土ou look......ummm, yeah then wouldn稚 let me kiss her. Hmmm, perhaps a cab is in order for when I pull the trigger on a new tractor....:)

Then you miss that nice visceral experience of driving the tractor and it feels much less satisfying... though I have to say AC is nice in the summer at times. Best of both worlds would be one with a cab and one without!