Ford 881 leaking milky fluid from under steering column

/ Ford 881 leaking milky fluid from under steering column #1  

sleuth

Silver Member
Tractor
between tractors
My Ford 881 just had the engine completely overhauled last spring. Recently, after having not used it for a few months, I started it up to find a milky pinkish/white fluid leaking from under the steering column at a tube fitting. See pics.

I'm guessing this is water mixed with something, probably oil or hydraulic fluid?? Does not smell like gasoline - in fact I couldn't smell it at all, but I don't have the best nose. The tube it's leaking from runs from the steering column to the front of the engine to some doodad (highly technical term - might be a water pump??) hanging off the side of the engine, just behind the radiator.

See attached pics.

Other than trying to tighten that fitting, is it time for me to change a fluid?

5653717231.jpgIMG_20961.jpg

/ Ford 881 leaking milky fluid from under steering column
Found the culprit of the leak, a crack in the flare under the tube fitting. Anyone know the PN of this tube?

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

/ Ford 881 leaking milky fluid from under steering column
Oh for crying out loud, where the #*&# do you add power steering fluid on this tractor!?

/ Ford 881 leaking milky fluid from under steering column #4  
Power steering fluid is added to the pump itself at the right side front of the engine. If there is air in your power steering system after starting your tractor, cycle the steering full turns left and right a few times to purge the air out.