Ford 770B loader replacement control valve

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #1  

Wolfy

Veteran Member
Tractor
a fleet of them
My 1710 has a 770B loader. It works fine, except the control valve lever is very sloppy. Dumping is the worst, the lever seems to max out before the cylinders engage all the way. So I'm wondering, has anyone went and replaced their valve? Such as from Northern Tool? My loader has one lever, but I have seen other 770 loaders with two levers.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #2  
I replaced the 2-lever control valve on my 1700 with this joystick from Surplus Center. Worked out well.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve
Thanks for the link. I got a pm from JJ with that link also. Do you find one lever having the same power as two? I could see one being easier, but going side to side, maybe more likely to wear out.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #4  
Definitely more moving parts under the rubber boot of the joystick, not too worried about them wearing out though since it doesn't get daily use.
Was like night and day for me, I never got used to simultaneous lift and curl with the old 2-lever controller (always found myself having to use two hands). When I ordered mine, I ordered the power beyond adapter as well. Read too many posts of people looking for adapters for their old (semi-obsolete) controllers and don't want to be in that boat if I ever get around to adding auxiliary ports to the 1700.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #5  
There are small brass/bronze bushings insed of the joystick control on my dads 1710/770b loader. I dont recall what all was involved buy I know we replaced them not long after he bought his tractor 7 years ago and it made a huge difference.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve
Thanks for the tip, blue72camaro. I may take the control apart this winter.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #7  
There are small brass/bronze bushings insed of the joystick control on my dads 1710/770b loader. I dont recall what all was involved buy I know we replaced them not long after he bought his tractor 7 years ago and it made a huge difference.

You don't remember the part numbers do You? I'm experiencing the same issues.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #8  
I replaced the 2-lever control valve on my 1700 with this joystick from Surplus Center. Worked out well.
Can you identify which one? There are ~ a dozen on that page. Does it have float?

Mine just started leaking again. The 2nd rebuild lasted a lot longer than the first, but I'm going to replace it. It's right above the brake pedals and making a mess of my boot and garage floor.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #9  
You don't remember the part numbers do You? I'm experiencing the same issues.

No I know I did not get them from new holland though. Either I had a buddy of mine make some for me at his work (runs a machine shop) or more than likely they were a readily available bushing thru one of my parts suppliers at work. But way to much water has went under the bridge since then for me to remember.

/ Ford 770B loader replacement control valve #10  
Does anyone have the schematic on the controls for the 770 loader? I may look into rebuilding it.