Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree?

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree? #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
HI, I'm in the process of mounting a 753 BH (19-389) on my 4400 and I have to run new lines to the BH. I ordered the manual's for the FEL and BH yesterday morning but I'd like to start getting the fittings and hoses ready. When I get the manual I can figure out which side of the valve is supply and power beyond. I've tried the search and Google but I can't find anything.

My main question is for the fitting, what degree of flare is on the BH supply and power beyond? I can get the Parker flare in 37 or 30 degrees. The differece between them is small and I don't have a gauge to properly measure it. I want to get it right the first time because these 3/4" hoses & fittings are crazy expensive.

Thanks in advance

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree? #2  
HI, I'm in the process of mounting a 753 BH (19-389) on my 4400 and I have to run new lines to the BH. I ordered the manual's for the FEL and BH yesterday morning but I'd like to start getting the fittings and hoses ready. When I get the manual I can figure out which side of the valve is supply and power beyond. I've tried the search and Google but I can't find anything.

My main question is for the fitting, what degree of flare is on the BH supply and power beyond? I can get the Parker flare in 37 or 30 degrees. The differece between them is small and I don't have a gauge to properly measure it. I want to get it right the first time because these 3/4" hoses & fittings are crazy expensive.

Thanks in advance

They are jicfittings 37 degree. Also, when facing the back the pressure in is to the left (or outside) and power beyond is to the right (or inside)

Red

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree? #3  
I sure like to see sum pictures of it when your done

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree?
Thanks for the help. I received the manuals for the 735 loader and 753BH on Thursday. I don't have the lines from the pump to the BH and from the BH power beyond to the loader. I measured all the lines I need but I'm having one heck of a time get'n them. We have some really big hydraulic shops around here and so far the 2 that I've been to don't carry 7/8" JIC 37 degree flare fittings for a 3/4" line. I'm going to call the guy this afternoon to see if he will sell me his steel supply lines for the BH. I'll get some pictures up of the old girl, she's not a beauty queen but she's built like a tank.

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree? #5  
What is the GPM going through the BH.

7/8 in will flow over 25 GPM.

You could go smaller hose size if the flow is smaller.

Attachments

• hose size.png
    hose size.png
    205 KB · Views: 210
The manual says its one of two pumps, 19.1 gpm or 21.5gpm. The problem I'm having is I can't find any 7/8"-14, 37 degree fittings to get me from the pump to the BH then back up to supply the loader. I'm using all 3/4" hyd. line.

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree? #7  
The manual says its one of two pumps, 19.1 gpm or 21.5gpm. The problem I'm having is I can't find any 7/8"-14, 37 degree fittings to get me from the pump to the BH then back up to supply the loader. I'm using all 3/4" hyd. line.

What do you need for fittings? Fittings to be crimped in 3/4" hose? Fittings to adapt hoses fittings to something else?

7/8"-14 thread size = JIC 10 and also SAE 10, which is the same as 10 1/16 of an inch 10/16" or 5/8". So when you are telling the shops you need JIC 7/8" they may think you need JIC 14 (14 1/16 of on an inch 14/16" or 7/8") which is 1 3/16"-12 thread size.

If you can tell exactly what kind of a fitting(s) you need, I sure it can be found. A FJX-12-10 is a straight crimp on hose fitting for 3/4" hose with a JIC 10 female swivel end. You can also get Male JIC ends or angles too.

/ Ford 753 BH flare fittings degree? #8  
You're right, 7/8 seems to be rare - only found one female swivel JIC here

DiscountHydraulicHose.com

Over $50 per end, and these ONLY seem to fit the type hose listed.

If you can go to 3/4", maybe this

would help? Since you're using 3/4 hose anyway, seems pointless to stay 7/8 (other than possibly keeping the fittings themselves from being the smallest part of the circuit) Steve

I need the fittings to come from the front pump supply pipe which is a 7/8, 37* male flare to the BH. I even tried taking off the steel line from the pump, BH, and loader hoping to swap out the fittings but those are 7/8"-14 straight thread with a o-ring. I took a few fittings and hoses with me when I went to the shops and neither of them had anything in the size that I need. I'd like to swap everything to 3/4" fittings but I can't find the couplings to get me from the pump or BH valve body.

If you can go to 3/4", maybe this

would help? Since you're using 3/4 hose anyway, seems pointless to stay 7/8 (other than possibly keeping the fittings themselves from being the smallest part of the circuit) Steve[/QUOTE]

That's it, thanks a million!! I'll order a few of them right now.