Traction Ford 6700 MFWD Clutch slipping

/ Ford 6700 MFWD Clutch slipping #1  

carlbman

Tractor
Bobcat 753, John Deere 970 with Loader and Back Hoe, AC 200, AC WD45, Ford 4500 Back Hoe
I recently bought a 1980 Ford 6700 MFWD. The seller did indicate that the clutch was weak. It did not slip when I test drove it around his place. When I got it home and tried it out, I found that the clutch would slip when driving it on a road in high gear with a slight incline. I am guessing that I am in need of a clutch change, but before I get too deep, I wanted to check and see if there was a possibility that the hydraulic part of the drive train might be weak and causing the slippage. The low/high hydraulics (not sure what it is called, I have a couple of manuals on the way) shifts good and possitive when shifting in lower gears. The slippage is still there when shifting the hydraulic low/high. I have a Allis-Chalmers 200 that was slipping on the low/high hydraulics, acting the same way and an adjustement took care of that. The tractor shows indications that it had a loader in a previous life. Thanks for the help.
Carl

/ Ford 6700 MFWD Clutch slipping #2  
I assume you're familiar with the terms "clutch adjustment", and "freeplay", so I'm guessing you've already been there. My experience with single stage clutches has shown that TYPICALLY, when a clutch reaches the end of it's life, the pedal will be nearly all the way up before the tractor begins to move. Once in motion, if the pedal is depressed a small amount(often only an inch or less) the tractor stops.
On the other hand, when operating properly, the clutch will begin to engage when the pedal rises just an inch or two from fully depressed and has the ability to "feather" the process easily. If the first description matches your tractor, you probably need a clutch. If it's the second, you may have a problem with the dual power portion of the transmission.

/ Ford 6700 MFWD Clutch slipping
You assumed correctly and the clutch does have the one inch of free play in the pedal. You are also right on, about the pedal being almost all the way up before it engages. I will be replacing the clutch. Thank you for your quick reply and guidance.
Carl

/ Ford 6700 MFWD Clutch slipping
I pulled the clutch out this evening and found that the disc was worn almost to the rivets.

/ Ford 6700 MFWD Clutch slipping #5  
I pulled the clutch out this evening and found that the disc was worn almost to the rivets.
I know that this post was made several years ago. But I have the same tractor with the same problem. How did you go about changing the clutch and how difficult was it? Where did you come by parts? Any help would be awesome! Thank you!