Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
I was at the Philly Auto Show today and grabbed these cut away shots of the new 6.7L diesel. I figured these are things I might never get to see unless there was reason to tear down the motor so I thought it would be nice to take a few photos.

I noticed there are 6 head bolts per cylinder and in the one shot you can see what to me appear to be the cross bolts on the main bearing caps.
There was no cut away to the lower half of the block so you couldn't see the crankshaft or the main bearings or the bottom of the cylinder walls. But nothing about this motor looks like a gas block turned into a diesel as someone mentioned a few days ago in another thread.

Sorry but they are only cell phone quality pics.

IMAG0737 (Large).jpg IMAG0738 (Large).jpg

IMAG0739 (Large).jpg IMAG0740 (Large).jpg

IMAG0735 (Large).jpg IMAG0736 (Large).jpg

IMAG0741 (Large).jpg IMAG0742 (Large).jpg

IMAG0743 (Large).jpg IMAG0744 (Large).jpg

IMAG0745 (Large).jpg IMAG0746 (Large).jpg

IMAG0747 (Large).jpg IMAG0748 (Large).jpg

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #2  
Sure wouldn't want to have to change a head gasket on this engine. I think I'll stick to Cummins for a while.
Thank's for the pictures. I've been wondering what this engine looked like. I am satisfied but not reassured!
Regards.

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #3  
The Ford dealers are getting to see lots of the internals of these engines..

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #4  
   / Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #6  
Here we go...

Chris

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #7  
The truth about diesel trucks and for that matter all 3/4 ton and up.

Ford Super Duty (F-450/F-550 not included):
193,822 trucks diesel only

Ram (4500/5500 cab-and-chassis included):
75,867 trucks diesel only

Chevrolet Silverado HD:
74,027 trucks diesel only

GMC Sierra HD:
28,555 trucks diesel only

38% of Fords truck sales are 3/4 ton and up. Dodge is at the same ratio of 38% of 3/4 ton and up. GM is at 20% 3/4 ton and up. This ratio is for all 3/4 ton and up, gas and diesel.

Note: Dodge had to include the 4500 and 5500 and still don't hold a candle to Ford. GM, well they dont make any big trucks.

So yes, Ford does seem like it has more issues but its the simple fact that they sell 3 times the number of truck than Dodge and twice as many plus over GM.

blogs.dieselpowermag.com/6705830/diesel-trucks/2011-truck-sales-figures/index.htm

Chris

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #8  
   / Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #9  
Diamondpilot said:
So yes, Ford does seem like it has more issues but its the simple fact that they sell 3 times the number of truck than Dodge and twice as many plus over GM.
So selling more trucks means they dont have to be reliable or well engineered?

I'll take quality over quantity ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

/ Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel cut-away photos #10  
A little more checking shows that the diesel versus gas makeup of the 3 brands in the 3/4 ton and up trucks.

Ford: 66% diesel and 34% gas

GM: 43% diesel and 57% gas

Dodge: 79% diesel and 21% gas

Chris