Ford 4110, any issues or comments?

/ Ford 4110, any issues or comments? #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
My father is looking to buy a well used Ford (I'm pretty sure its a Ford and not NH) 4110 (50ish HP) from the local New Holland dealer. The dealer has done some minor drag link repairs and it needs new 3 pt hitch links. The machine has 1800 hrs on the hour meter, and looks to be in fair shape. Definately needs oils and filters, a new seat, a few hoses and a coat of paint. But the price is right at $3500.

We need it because my tractor is way to small to cut the fields (about 20 acres) and the hills are to much. While doing me a "favor" by mowing, my uncle flipped my tractor on its side. He is reluctant to give me any details, but he is unhurt, and the only damage to the tractor appears to be the bent cab. No big loss, the cab was ugly. But I am a little upset since he should have known better.

So my question for the Gurus here is: Are these a decent reliable tractor? Any tips or tricks to them? Any maintenance or repair issues out of the ordinary?

Thanks,
Leo

/ Ford 4110, any issues or comments? #2  
My father is looking to buy a well used Ford (I'm pretty sure its a Ford and not NH) 4110 (50ish HP) from the local New Holland dealer. The dealer has done some minor drag link repairs and it needs new 3 pt hitch links. The machine has 1800 hrs on the hour meter, and looks to be in fair shape. Definately needs oils and filters, a new seat, a few hoses and a coat of paint. But the price is right at $3500.

We need it because my tractor is way to small to cut the fields (about 20 acres) and the hills are to much. While doing me a "favor" by mowing, my uncle flipped my tractor on its side. He is reluctant to give me any details, but he is unhurt, and the only damage to the tractor appears to be the bent cab. No big loss, the cab was ugly. But I am a little upset since he should have known better.

So my question for the Gurus here is: Are these a decent reliable tractor? Any tips or tricks to them? Any maintenance or repair issues out of the ordinary?

Thanks,
Leo
A 4110 by description is an LCG tractor (low Center of Gravity). As such, it should have 10" diameter front tires and 16.5Lx16.1 rear turfs or similar low profile rubber. If this tractor has the more typical (for general purpose models) 28 or 30 inch rear rubber and 15 or 16 inch fronts, the final drive ratios will be very short and the ground speeds very quick. We used to service a 4110 with tall rubber that someone cobbled a 730 loader onto. It was a morphodite and POS from start to finish; mostly because someone tried to turn it into something it wasn't.

/ Ford 4110, any issues or comments?
Thanks RickB!

It definately has the tall Ag tires on it. But that could explain why it has new fenders and a new foldable ROPS. Hmmmm. I' think we'll try it out this weekend. The same dealer has a 2110 that has the super wide stance and short turf tires. We passed on that machine because the dealer put a used engine with more horsepower in it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Leo