Oil & Fuel Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #1  

Stump 3910

Tractor
Komatsu D20A-7 Dozer, Ford 3910 1989 model, New Holland WM60 2020 model
I noticed there is a spray of fuel coming out from under what looks like a cap nut on the side of my injector pump while tractor is running. It is a fairly strong pressured tiny little stream.
I tried to tighten this cap nut to no avail. Tractor is a '89 model 3910 Mark II. Have any of you guys seen this before, and if so, what did you do to fix it? Thank you up front for any info. Stump 3910

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #2  
A picture will help.
If you want the pump redone I took mine to a place several years ago in Jackson, Missouri that replaced all the seals and had it done and ready for pickup in just a day or two. I swear when I got it back he had turned the pump up and it had more power, and it had plenty before it was just a leak in the top seal.

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel
I will try to get a picture this pm. I dont think pump is bad. This is just like an O-ring or something under this cap has let go. It might be a pump bleeder cover that has died of old age. There are no lines coming out from this cap nut. It just looks like a cover over something pressurized.

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #4  
If I understand you correctly, it's leaking at one of the high pressure discharges from the pump that go to each injector?

If so, you might get lucky and take that fitting apart and see if it uses a rubber oring or maybe a brass oring. I don't remember on mine. I had my pump rebuilt a couple years ago so had those fittings off, just can't remember how they sealed.

If your pump doesn't have any other issues I'd try to fix the specific leak. If the pump has other issues, leaks, poor performance, etc., I'd take the pump to someone for rebuild.

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #5  
Oh shoot, I should have read your second post. If this cap doesn't have a line going off it, then it's the bleeder cap. Odd that it would be leaking high pressure.

RickB is an expert on these. Hopefully he'll chime in with a more educated response than mine.

Thanks guys. Im gonna give it a good going over tomorrow after the morning deer hunt and see if its an easy fix or a major repair needed. Then I get to look for the fuel leak on my new WorkMaster 60. Im not real happy with either one of my Blues right now. I despise leaky, squeaky, machines. Especially on my new 2020 New Holland.

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #7  
On that 3910 if oil ain't seeping or leaking somewhere then you might check to see if it has any fluid in it.

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #8  
Knock on wood, my 3910 currently doesn't have any oil leaks. Injector pump is damp around the pressure lines going to the injectors. Been that way for 3-4 years now. I'm sure I just jinxed myself..... :)

I bought this thing broke down out in a pasture. Steering issues. It sat there almost 4 years. Fixed the steering with 2 new cylinders and some grease in the steering column. It has only got about 670 actual hours on it. Still has original dash cluster in it with workin tach and hour meter. I replaced the valve cover gasket while I had the sheet metal off and recently replaced PTO seal. Other than this fuel leak, this thing is dry as a powder house. 0 leaks. i use it regularly for smaller chores where the WM60 is just too big.

/ Ford 3910 injector pump spewin fuel #10  
I bought mine to supplement my M9540. Perfect fit. Saves a lot of trivial hours on the Kubota. More nimble for light chores. Mine is FWA. I really like it and am glad I found it. Has features my Kubota doesn't such as the ability to adjust hydraulic flow, brake pedal lock, hand activated driveline park brake.