Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak #1  

cjah

Tractor
Ford 5610 II 4WD / Ford 3910
My tractor start leaking fuel badly at one of the injector connections. I know next to nothing about injector pumps and was hoping someone could tell me if this is a simple fix.

This photo is the overall setup with injector and filter Injector Pump & Filter.jpg

It started leaking at this point where a plastic line/pipe goes in. I tried tightening the top nut thinking it was just loose, but didn't do any good and the plastic line will pull right out...no flange on the bottom of it. Injector Pump Detail.jpg

This is where the other end of the plastic pipe connects to the filter Fuel Filter.jpg

Anyone have experience with this? Is the line busted on the bottom and I just need to bolt in a replacement, or will this involve someone doing indepth work on the pump? Appreciate any advice you can offer.

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak #2  
I am not an expert on these injection pump lines, but i think the line you are referring to is a low pressure return line that may be cracked in the connection, and should be available through a Ford New Holland dealer.

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak #3  
THAT is the fuel INLET line & it SHOULD HAVE a brass ferrule on the end of it.. the nut tightens up on the ferrule & seals at the bottom of the inlet nut..
Look closely inside the PUMP inlet, you'll see it..if its still there..
You'll prob. have to dig it out w/ a scribe..
Once u find it, see if u can put it back on the line.. IF YES, just push down on the line when your tightening it up..
U might have to cut the line some, to get a good clean sealing surface again..
They sell ferrules at Home Depot or Slowes.. .15 & your back in business.. Good luck.

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak
THAT is the fuel INLET line & it SHOULD HAVE a brass ferrule on the end of it.. the nut tightens up on the ferrule & seals at the bottom of the inlet nut..
Look closely inside the PUMP inlet, you'll see it..if its still there..
You'll prob. have to dig it out w/ a scribe..
Once u find it, see if u can put it back on the line.. IF YES, just push down on the line when your tightening it up..
U might have to cut the line some, to get a good clean sealing surface again..
They sell ferrules at Home Depot or Slowes.. .15 & your back in business.. Good luck.

That is really good news! Thank you for taking the time to explain the details. I was afraid to touch the injector pump without knowing what I was doing. All other info I could find on it just indicated working on pumps was tedious and EXPENSIVE if you messed it up. Much appreciated!

Any time..{Your welcome}

Do you think I would need to prime the fuel system after fixing this? What would be the symptoms if there were air in the system? Thanks again.

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak #7  
Your not introducing "that much" air in the system.. SO..theres a bleed screw next to the name plate on the side of the pump..
Its a double screw.. 5/16 in a 7/16.. loosen the 5/16 & wait for the fuel to flow out & expel the air..
CHECK THE OIL.. now hold the throttle about 1/2 throttle & start the engine.. LET IT REV..
You'll hear it sputter & rpm's slow..& then pick back up.. then your done..
IF it sputters & slowly looses rpm's & dies.. THEN u have to bleed it.. so keep the rpm's up..1/2 throttle or higher..
Good luck.

Hey.. I just noticed your in SC.. I'm about 10 miles from Santee..

Your not introducing "that much" air in the system.. SO..theres a bleed screw next to the name plate on the side of the pump..
Its a double screw.. 5/16 in a 7/16.. loosen the 5/16 & wait for the fuel to flow out & expel the air..
CHECK THE OIL.. now hold the throttle about 1/2 throttle & start the engine.. LET IT REV..
You'll hear it sputter & rpm's slow..& then pick back up.. then your done..
IF it sputters & slowly looses rpm's & dies.. THEN u have to bleed it.. so keep the rpm's up..1/2 throttle or higher..
Good luck.

Hey.. I just noticed your in SC.. I'm about 10 miles from Santee..

Thanks again...very good info. Hate to be so needy...hoping to learn enough to be of help to someone else someday.

I'm a little less than an hour south of you in Goose Creek but my little piece of the earth (and tractors) are in North GA....I'm an unrehabilitated hillbilly!

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak #9  
Thanks for helping him pumpguy. You are a true asset here.

/ Ford 3910 Injector Pump Leak #10  
I lived in N. Charleston & worked off of Rives Ave. for 30 years.. I know "The Creek" very well..
Step-son still lives there..off Liberty Hall Rd.