Ford 2810 II Power from experience

/ Ford 2810 II Power from experience #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Anyone have or had a Ford 2810 and can tell me how well they do with a 6ft bush hog? I have a Ford 4000SU with tons of hours and has lost some power so just curious how a low hour 2810 would do with a bush hog squealer 6ft cutter. Thanks,

/ Ford 2810 II Power from experience #2  
A 2810 will have enough HP and torque to cut anything you should be running over with a 6 foot Squealer.

/ Ford 2810 II Power from experience
Really, i had no idea. Currently i have a 4000SU that in real high grass will pull down even wide open but i know its got a ton of hours on her. However, if i can run in 4th gear and mow all the high stuff i want then i should be good to go. By the rating it looks like the tractor has 36 engine hp and 32 pto power which is way under the 4000SU but again my SU may be tired. I did notice though that the torque is up pretty good on the 2810 (tractor data) to around 100. That may be why this tractor cuts good. Anyone else with opionions? I have a found a tractor that has very low hours similiar to a 4610 but comes 3K less money. Both tractors are under 700 hours with very tight steering.

/ Ford 2810 II Power from experience #4  
Really, i had no idea. Currently i have a 4000SU that in real high grass will pull down even wide open but i know its got a ton of hours on her. However, if i can run in 4th gear and mow all the high stuff i want then i should be good to go. By the rating it looks like the tractor has 36 engine hp and 32 pto power which is way under the 4000SU but again my SU may be tired. I did notice though that the torque is up pretty good on the 2810 (tractor data) to around 100. That may be why this tractor cuts good. Anyone else with opionions? I have a found a tractor that has very low hours similiar to a 4610 but comes 3K less money. Both tractors are under 700 hours with very tight steering.

Your 4000 should not have a problem with a 6ft Squealer.
When's the last time you cleaned the air filter and changed out the fuel filters on your 4000 SU? If you havent done those things for awhile, that maybe your problem.

/ Ford 2810 II Power from experience
no i'm very strong on maintenance and both of those items were addressed in April of this year. Since i only run about 30 hours a year i know these items are still ok. I also had a 98 3930 (only 200 hours) with the 192 turbo and 52 pto hp. This machine could not be stopped by grass with a 6ft bush hog. It definitely had more balls to it for sure.

/ Ford 2810 II Power from experience #6  
no i'm very strong on maintenance and both of those items were addressed in April of this year. Since i only run about 30 hours a year i know these items are still ok. I also had a 98 3930 (only 200 hours) with the 192 turbo and 52 pto hp. This machine could not be stopped by grass with a 6ft bush hog. It definitely had more balls to it for sure.

What about the throttle linkage. Is it opening the metering valve fully?