ford 1920 power steering question

/ ford 1920 power steering question #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
The power steering cylinder was leaking on my 1920. I replaced theo rings and stopped the leak but now it feels like there is an air pocket in there. It doesn't turn very well and actually feels like it moves on its own. I tried to bleed air out of it from the end of the cylinder but don't know if that is the problem or if I put a wiper on backwards somehow. This is the first cylinder I tore apart so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ ford 1920 power steering question #2  
as you know it should self bleed if you keep going lock to lock.

any parts breakdown from the cnh site to help you with the packing order?

soundguy

/ ford 1920 power steering question
The parts diagram didn't help. I thought it should self bleed but I have been trying and it still hasn't changed. I sprayed 9 acres of grapes even hoping it would straighten out to no avail which is why I am wondering if I rebuilt it wrong somehow.

/ ford 1920 power steering question
I think I found the problem, when it didn't act right immediately I opened the cylinder to see if I could bleed air out. Well in my rush to get back into the field I forgot to top off the resivour and the oil is way too low to be any use. I love my brain farts. :)