Traction Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #21  
Anyone looking at the axles. I ordered 2. I'm having them machine the hub and weld in one axle right now. I'll give it a good test when I have it back. I have to move/grade 40 yards of dirt and dig out my barn to put in a floor. But the axles themselves looked great.

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #22  
They are selling...got a few left. No problems.

Anyone looking at the axles. I ordered 2. I'm having them machine the hub and weld in one axle right now. I'll give it a good test when I have it back. I have to move/grade 40 yards of dirt and dig out my barn to put in a floor. But the axles themselves looked great.

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #23  
Dug my barn out about a foot deep, put about 20 yards of crushed stone in it with the loader. Moved at least 40 yards of fill so far. The new axles is working great. The original axle we had deep V welded back together years ago is holding up great as well....the 2nd deep v welded one was replaced with this new shaft from BrokenAxle. Thanks!

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #24  
Did you ever get it fixed?

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #25  
BrokenAxle,

Do you have anymore available axles at this time? I know I am kind of late in asking but hoping that you have a couple left.

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #26  
i'm guessing, since his webpage is down, he's out of the axle business.

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #27  
View attachment 516755
Hi,

We have been making these axles for at least 5 years now, and have have manufactured at least 30 of these axles, out of them 8 were for the 19 tooth (older, smaller diameter) 1700 model. Even the larger "upgraded" 22 tooth 1700 model has it's weaknesses, as we have made replacement axles from those as well. We started making them when we broke an axle on our 1500 ford. There was an upgraded housing, and axle for our tractor. The price was astronomical for the entire conversion, so we custom made the first set of replacement axles. There is a undercut with a small radius on all of these axles where they fracture. The bearings have a radius on the corners, making the undercut unnecessary. We have redesigned our axles with smooth contours, and the largest radi possible to eliminate stress risers that can lead to fracture. We are also using a 125lb billet 4140 Chromoly Steel blank, which is Hardened and Tempered, to ensure the strongest axle possible. We have had them had them on our tractor through some steep rough roads, with a loaded bucket. I have not yet had a single complaint about any of our axles. Please contact me for info / pricing, and let me know if you have any other questions. Here is a link to our you tube video of a 1500 axle getting it's splines milled:

FORD 15 TRACTOR AXLE MACHINING - YouTube

-Lonnie Vion-

Vion Precision Machining & Engineering
vionpme@gmail.com
(661)724-1186

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #28  
We have a broken axle problem...some clown welded the wheel rim to the axle.We have a mechanic that can work on this but are in need of parts. Is this still a possibility? 0819171559.jpg0819171557.jpg

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #29  
I am going to give this info to a mechanic that may be able to help me. I am in Northeastern PA...do you know of anyone who works on these tractors in the NY/NJ/PA tristate area?

/ Ford 1700 4wd BROKEN FRONT AXLE #30  
I have one axle left, from brokenaxle when he sold them. Not yet pressed and welded to a flange from an original broken one. Someone let me know if they are interested in buying it. The other one I had on the tractor worked great! Never needed the 2nd. Have a new tractor now.