FORD 1700 4 x 4

/ FORD 1700 4 x 4 #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Saw a 1980-ish FORD 1700 4 x 4 w/ weights and turf tires for $3850. Looks to be in decent shape. I think this is below "blue book". Anyone have one? How good are they?

/ FORD 1700 4 x 4 #2  
I have a neighbor in NC that has had one since it was new, probably an early '80's model,. He likes it a lot. I like it a lot and tried to find a good used one with 4wd at a decent price, but couldn't.

/ FORD 1700 4 x 4 #3  
I've had an '81 model 1700 4WD for the past 10 years, as the second owner, which now has 1905 hours on it. Its been a real workhorse for me and has had very few problems. I had the starter and alternator rebuilt, and put new tires (mine has R1s) and battery on it, but that's it aside from routine maintenance.

The radiator on mine looks bad, as the prior (1st) owner let a bad battery leak on it and corrode it. It has held up so far but may get replaced this fall (New radiator is $325).

The only drawback to these tractors are parts are not generally available from after-market sources, so you are at the mercy of your New Holland dealer should you need anything major.

Good luck...

/ FORD 1700 4 x 4 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The only drawback to these tractors are parts are not generally available from after-market sources, so you are at the mercy of your New Holland dealer should you need anything major.
)</font>

Before I bought this machine I would check with a local dealer on parts being available. On some of these older machines certain parts cannot be obtained. A mechanic I spoke to this week could not get a shifter fork for a 2110 which is a newer tractor.

Other than that the price is very good. I used a 1710 for years and loved it.

Andy