Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #11  
I'm to having the same issue with 1310, diff not working, clicking, feel it in pedal. i was just wondering if you have completed your fixin? What should i expect ?
Also on the 3 cyl middle injector leaks and sounds like its missing. i have bleed lines and got fuel outa the other 2 but not this one, leaks from injector housing at block ,but not from line when bleeding, any thoughts? Any ideas for installing water temp gauge?

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #12  
Ok so my 1710 doesn't lock in either so I'd like to hear a follow up of what it took to fix the lack of lock.

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #13  
Ok so my 1710 doesn't lock in either so I'd like to hear a follow up of what it took to fix the lack of lock.

Make that another 1710 that doesn't lock but I am not ready to tear it apart to find the problem. If it is an easy fix I'll consider fixing. So far not a big deal that it doesn't lock.

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #14  

I pretty much described what it takes to fix a 10 series difflock. It's not like these are the first ones to break.

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #15  
Ive read that we may have broke a pin or sum pins in diff, gotta take top end of 3 point off and case cover , drain all fluid, replace part, look for any broken pieces in the bottom and remove clean hydro fluid filterand slap'er back together, u can get a better idea with a parts catalog helped me out, need to press pedal while taking off easy. So ive read?

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #16  
I pretty much described what it takes to fix a 10 series difflock. It's not like these are the first ones to break.

Well heck, I read what you wrote but I was hoping for something that sounded alot easier to fix:laughing:. Mine just might stay broken if I have to pull half the tractor apart to fix it.

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #19  
I have not attempted the fix RickB suggests. For one thing, I am busy planting right now. I will try to schedule it for November, when there is not much work to be done with the tractor, and we are not into plowing yet. I have 700' of driveway to plow, and no alternative equipment to plow it with.

It would be interesting to get other's accounts of what was involved in the fix, and in particular, the time to do the job, and the downtime.

I am looking forward to the job, in that it gives me the chance to change the hydraulic fluid, see the insides, and judge the condition of things. On the other hand, a foot of snow while it is down would have me shoveling for a day or two. (grin)

BTW, I do have the 1310/1510/1710 factory manual, and will go through that again, but as I recall it has less detail than what RickB has provided.

After the differential repair, I have a half dozen LED lights to install...a good topic for another thread.

First man with a fixed differential, wins the prize...

/ Ford 1510 Differential Lock Broken #20  
You can also add another 1710 for me, my diff lock doesn’t work also. It clicks in the down position as well.