Oil & Fuel ford 1500

/ ford 1500 #1  

alber

Tractor
ford 1500
i have a ford 1500 diesel it will start and run for 2 or 5 min them just fade out it will never make it to full throtle bleaded the diesel 10 or 15 time when it stall out it still has prime any body got any ideas when it runs it surges thank

/ ford 1500 #2  
Kinda depends on which injection pump is on your machine.. CAV or Kiki..
Does it have a supply pump in the system? or is it gravity fed??
Have you changed the filters? Loosened the fuel cap??

/ ford 1500
Kinda depends on which injection pump is on your machine.. CAV or Kiki..
Does it have a supply pump in the system? or is it gravity fed??
Have you changed the filters? Loosened the fuel cap??

it a kiki gravity feed no suppy pump yes lossen cap an injector pump teck says it the pump i am now in the prose of trying to remove the pump i removed all lines and the 3 nut holding it on will not slide out come out an ince or so do i have to remove the front engine cover is there a key way holding it in thank for any help u can give me

/ ford 1500 #4  
You can probably fix it in place.. Remove the side cover.. Your going to need a "hand impact driver".. the screws are VERY tight.
The control rack is probably stuck & can be freed-up w/a little persuation.
But to answer your question.. yes, you have to access the front of the pump..
IF you remove the side cover, you can rotate the engine until #1 tappet starts to rise.. that will tell you your coming up on #1 compression stroke on the engine & look for timing marks on the gears.. Once you find them, keep rotating the engine until the marks line-up & THEN pull the pump..