Ford 1210 tear down and repair

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #121  
Tractor looks great!

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair
Thank you.

Got the three point installed. Never had a tractor with one of these, so will be learning as much as I can.

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1229.JPG

I also installed my first attachment, a quick hitch from harbor freight.

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

This is it for the day. Will pull her out tomorrow for some glamour shots before she starts getting dirty.

Sent an email to everything attachments to inquire about getting a few things. He said most of their attachments are quick hitch compatible, but he wasn't sure about the harbor freight hitch though. He said having a quick hitch on a small tractor like this isn't a good thing because it sets the attachment further back which can upset the balance.

More tomorrow.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #123  
Looks good! Great job!

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #124  
Looking great, my Ford 1700 needed glow plugs to start when it dropped below 45 degrees or so, the Ford 1920 does not need them till much colder. Which attachments are you thinking of getting. You should not have a problem unless they approach 1000 lbs or so then the front end will get light.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair
Got the suitcase weights installed. Only used three, but have five. Book says three is the max.

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

Also changed the engine oil and filter today as well as topped off the coolant.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #126  
I have those same weights on mine. Three has been all that I have needed and as you noted that is the max per the owners manual.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #127  
Thank you.

Got the three point installed. Never had a tractor with one of these, so will be learning as much as I can.

View attachment 488949

View attachment 488950

I also installed my first attachment, a quick hitch from harbor freight.

View attachment 488951

View attachment 488952

This is it for the day. Will pull her out tomorrow for some glamour shots before she starts getting dirty.

Sent an email to everything attachments to inquire about getting a few things. He said most of their attachments are quick hitch compatible, but he wasn't sure about the harbor freight hitch though. He said having a quick hitch on a small tractor like this isn't a good thing because it sets the attachment further back which can upset the balance.

More tomorrow.

Everything Attachments stuff looks good in their advertisements, though I do not own any.
EA's "free shipping" is "free", but not to your house!...... There are $ conditions!
When doing price comparisons, you will find that most of the same (or similar) attachments sold by EA, can be bought for less total cost elsewhere.
I have a King Kutter: Brush Mower, Back Blade, Box Blade, Post Hole Auger, and Rear Tiller.

You have created a MIGHTY SHARP sharp looking Ford 1210.
My 1988 Ford 1920 4x4 with 7108 loader is a bigger brother from the same Ford family.
I bought it two years ago, and tore it apart last year (1056 hrs.).
I probably have way too much money/work in it, but it is a GREAT little tractor!
No DEF fluid, no plastic fenders or hood, 4x4, shuttle shift, 12 speeds, built like a little tank!
Call me crazy, but: I WOULD NOT TRADE it for a new Ford of similar (32) HP.

Don't EVER sell your Ford 1210! It is a treasure!

Last edited:
   / Ford 1210 tear down and repair #128  
Everything Attachments stuff looks good in their advertisements, though I do not own any.
EA's "free shipping" is "free", but not to your house!...... There are $ conditions!
When doing price comparisons, you will find that most of the same (or similar) attachments sold by EA, can be bought for less total cost elsewhere.
I have a King Kutter: Brush Mower, Back Blade, Box Blade, Post Hole Auger, and Rear Tiller.

You have created a MIGHTY SHARP sharp looking Ford 1210.
My 1988 Ford 1920 4x4 with 7108 loader is a bigger brother from the same Ford family.
I bought it two years ago, and tore it apart last year (1056 hrs.).
I probably have way too much money/work in it, but it is a GREAT little tractor!
No DEF fluid, no plastic fenders or hood, 4x4, shuttle shift, 12 speeds, built like a little tank!
Call me crazy, but: I WOULD NOT TRADE it for a new Ford of similar (32) HP.

Don't EVER sell your Ford 1210! It is a treasure!

You raise good points about the 10 and 20 series Ford / New Hollands. They are built like tanks and pretty easy to work on.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #129  
Great job on getting that tractor in shape. That thing should give you years of service. I recently bought an EA 60" Box Blade and in my research, I found their price to be very good. I live in Atlanta and picking it up at a shipping hub was pretty easy. They fork lifted it into my pickup. The tractor I have lives out of town at another piece of property, so that was the best option for me. I'd recommend them. The box blade works well for me. Keep up the good work on that Ford!

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #130  
Great job on getting that tractor in shape. That thing should give you years of service. I recently bought an EA 60" Box Blade and in my research, I found their price to be very good. I live in Atlanta and picking it up at a shipping hub was pretty easy. They fork lifted it into my pickup. The tractor I have lives out of town at another piece of property, so that was the best option for me. I'd recommend them. The box blade works well for me. Keep up the good work on that Ford!

My 60" KK box blade, DELIVERED TO MY DOOR, (with lift gate) was quoted by Everything Attachments at $200 more than I actually paid, DELIVERED TO MY DOOR, (with lift gate) from another source.

Most of that EA quoted additional $200 was for EA home delivery, and lift gate charges.