Ford 1210 tear down and repair

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair
Continuing on.

Got the alternator installed.

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

Exhaust manifold going on. Lots of anti seize here, they were tough to get out.

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

The oil press and temp gauges going in.

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

Forgot to install the positive cable to the starter when I installed the starter. Now it was 10x harder because everything else was installed around it.

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

The radiator going in. The hoses were a bear to get on. Also filled the system with anti freeze.

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

The cruise control cover going on.

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

Here are the machines hours. It has been turned over once already. Can anyone explain to me what the sticker below means? It is the ground speed for each gear in high and low. Is this for spraying or fertilizer work?

IMG_1115.JPG

I took the cable off the back of the tach and squirted some 30wt oil down the cable and greased the shaft on the end where it goes into the gauge.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #103  
Mine is a gear drive but that sticker basically gives me ground speed for what range / gear I am in.

Ok thank you. I'm assuming the R and F are reverse and forward? Since mine is a hydro I guess they are indicating max speeds in the respective ranges. The 540 pto is when the engine rpm is at 2575? Is this just a quick reference for spraying or fertilizer spreading when ground speed is criticle?

Sld, do you have a battery hold down on your parts tractor still?

More progress tonight after the family was in bed.

New fuel filter and the regulator going on. This needs a good ground to work properly. I had a problem with tach cable rubbing on the fuel tank and battery holder plate. Did some rerouting, but it's still pretty tight.

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

The battery going in, I have pretty lights on the dash now.

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

Got the exhaust and air filter holder installed.

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

The air filter installed.

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

Got the voltmeter hooked up. Used the switched 12v going to the light switch. Didn't even need to splice any wires.

IMG_1125.JPG

Making new fuel lines.

IMG_1124.JPG

Fuel tank installed. Used some new rubber pads for the base.

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

Seat installed temporarily, will hold off on the fenders till after the first run.

IMG_1130.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #107  
Sorry but no battery hold down. It was rusted and broken into pieces so it went into the trash. Even the one on my very clean 1210 requires occasional cleaning to keep it going. I did look again and do not have the hazard switch. I have a lot of stuff left just not what you are needing!

It's alive! After some injector bleeding and glow plug troubleshooting (Bad ignition switch) she sprang to life. Oil press sits around 70psi, water temp around 170, and volts around 13.5 which all seem to be good from what I've read in the service manual.

Here is a short vid of my Brother driving.

Ford 1210 restoration - YouTube

It's the last 10% that takes the most time.

Got a new heat shield made up from a catalytic converter shield. Will have one on the other side too once I find one to match. Think it came off a Toyota.

IMG_1137.JPG

Got the wheel bearings repacked. One side had lots of grease, the other almost none. The pre load was loose on that side too allowing the wheel to move in and out. That is all fixed now though. Didn't get a shot of the bearings out as my hands were all full of grease...lol.

IMG_1138.JPG

The fenders going on. Only have one side done as I'm doing the wiring at the same time and I'm waiting on my hazard lights.

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

Will be quiet for a few days as I'm busy with leaf clean up around the property. Be back soon.

Got the lights and flashers installed. Found a bad flasher unit, but had one on hand luckily.

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG